Good charities in Delhi, India?

Hi, I've recently returned from a holiday in Delhi in India and while I was there I made a promise to myself to donate some money to a charity based in the area specifically to help with the homeless children and adults.

I've done a google to find some charities and nothing great is coming up, can anyone recomment a charity who I can donate to that will spend the money where its needed.

Many thanks for any help you can give.

Favorite Answer

I can't verify or vouch for this project but you can contact them and check out how they work -- I would do that with ANY organization before I give them my money -- to make sure it reaches where it should. I was, however, impressed that they provide transparency. Also rediff is a reliable news portal.

From http://giveindia.rediff.com/cause/2005/apr/11homel...

A home for the homeless

Slum and pavement dwellers in India lack access to the most basic amenities, including healthcare and schooling. Their children are loaded with responsibilities and are forced into labour. Do your bit for the homeless by supporting organisations working towards the cause.

Support a Project:

All projects listed here have the "GiveIndia Assurance", which means they are scrutinised for transparency and accountability to ensure 100% of your contribution reaches the beneficiary.

Education

¤ Educational support to a street child

¤ Sponsor a child for a year

¤ Sponsor vocational training (Desk Top Publishing) of an orphan

¤ Educational sponsorship of a child

Would you also like to:

¤ Support a child in an orphanage

¤ Sponsor medicines for an orphan

¤ Support construction of a house for a family

GiveIndia

c/o Credibility Alliance,

West Khetwadi Municipal School, 3rd Floor,

Lane No.5,

Khetwadi (near Charni Rd),

Mumbai - 400 004

Maharashtra

INDIA

Tel - 2389 4942 /3 /4.

***************

Another project, based in Vijaywada, called Street Kids' Community Villages (SKCV) maintains a website by former street children -- please read an article here about them -- it is quite touching - http://www.gonomad.com/helps/0512/indiakids.html

Contact Information:

Postal address: SKCV Children's Trust, Ayyadevara Kaleswara Rao Santosh Bhavan,

Gandhinagar, Vijayawada. AP. India. 520003

Telephone: +91 (0) 866 2571371

FAX: +91 (0) 866 2573125

Enquiries: skcv at skcvtrust dot com

Volunteering: volunteer@skcv.com

Information: links and resource sheets

Delhi is the capital town of India also known as New Delhi and domestically Dilli. Delhi is the main birth place for offshore tourists and you may be certainly one of that tourist; take a peek with hotelbye . One of the areas most visited in Delhi is the Bahai Temple. This Temple is located atop the Kalkaji Hill and it is also referred to as "The Lotus Temple" because of its special lotus designed design in marble. Bahai Temple was built-in 1987 by the followers of Bahai faith. The Temple signifies the love and equality of religions. Yet another place to go to in Delhi is Gandhi Smiriti. In that memorial are exhibited: pictures, sculptures, paintings, frescos, inscriptions on rocks and relics pertaining to the years Mahatma Gandhi spent here. The meagre personal effects of Gandhiji also are carefully preserved.

Rotary does AMAZING things in India.

I believe they take donations but not sure.

one of the amazing things i saw was this village of people who lived in a LANDFILL (garbage dump) and the Rotary was putting up new houses outside of the landfill for the people, putting in roads over the debri, and put in water spickets so they could have clean water.

it was beyond heart wrenching

I think you must walk by yourself in the streets of Delhi and have a look. There are lots of homeless children you can find on red lights and on roads. Go to them and do something for them personally. And I really appreciated your feelings.

the international in Britain is approximately appeasing the ethnic vote for Labour, because of the fact they are on the topic of the only people who will vote for the social gathering on the subsequent prevalent election. in case you would be unable to snigger at your self and with different human beings then you definitely've heavily misplaced the plot of each and daily lifestyles. Newspapers are in effortless terms there to sell newspapers, they do no longer seem to be there to permit you be conscious of the actuality, anymore than the mass of newschannels of television, radio and the cyber web, each and each has to fulfill the standards of their vendors or sponsors or advertisers. i attempt to settle for human beings as they look choose to me and that i do no longer settle for different peoples' perspectives; certainty television programmes are edited to coach conflict, the human beings chosen are no longer your wide-unfold chuffed-pass-fortunate bunch who gets on with all of us, they have a tendency to be chosen because of the fact they gets on one yet another's nerves and reason conflicts. stable for Jade, a Lahk is countless money would be unable to bear in mind the precise English equivalent.

Maybe yeah

Not many, i'm afraid.