Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

POLL: Confederate Flag?

Does the confederate flag offend you?

Why or why not?

It's don't offend me...it's heritage, not hate. And It's sad that it's used as a symbol of hate now..

Favorite Answer

Absolutely! The Civil War was fought over the slavery issue and this was the south's national flag! That flag is completely offensive to me! It has always stood for hate!

locking my heritage away is wrong there are monuments all over our state house grounds im not asking anyone to take their monuments down im not ashamed of my heritage or my ancestors using this flag to make a political extremist message only degrades the the battle our ancestors who fought through extreme odds for what they knew was true just and constitutional

Being happy with your Southern historical past is cool however the only reason I see to exhibit the accomplice flag is to merely perpetuate racial tensions. each and each individual that seems on the celebrities and bars and not see racism resides in denial. E.

• Nora G

it is very sad, not only is it a symbol of history but of pride of peoples lives and it does not offend me at all

first off to the first poster the civil war HAD nothing to do with slavery... but was started DUE to TRADE agremments...

no it doesnt offend me im proud to fly the stars and bars