Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesSan Francisco · 1 decade ago

Discount tickets for the Oakland Zoo?

I live in Cali. Does anybody know where I can find discount tickets for the Oakland Zoo? There's gonna be like 10 of us going. I already checked with AAA because I'm a member and I checked with my credit union that also offers discounts on various attractions.

Favorite Answer

Have you checked the zoo itself? I used to live in San Leandro and I recall that the only discounts were through them directly. Call them up and ask them if they have group discounts and how many are required to be considered a group. Phone: (510) 632-9525

www.Oaklandzoo.org

Source(s): California Girl

Oakland Zoo Discount

Oakland Zoo Tickets

I'm not really a fan of either. The Oakland and San Francisco Zoos are both really depressing and small. Nothing like the San Diego Zoo or someplace like that. I suggest going to either the Exploratorium or the California Academy of Sciences. The Exploratorium is extremely hands-on but definitely will be enjoyable for the adults. I am in college and my friends and I go there occasionally. But it might be mostly enjoyable for your five year old. I see a lot of toddlers in there, but I'm not sure if they'd really enjoy it. But like I said, it is so hands on that they will probably love playing with everything. The California Academy of Sciences has just recently opened in Golden Gate Park and is amazing for the whole family. There are a lot of animals, so if that's what you're looking for I'd suggest going there. Nothing huge like an elephant or giraffe, obviously.. but lots of small stuff, I believe. You should do research online and see if either of those places interest you and your family. I really don't suggest either zoo, they're depressing and not a lot of animals and I feel like any tourist would be let down. I've only gone on SF resident free days, because I don't care to pay for the SF zoo. But either of these museums are awesome for families and those are my suggestions. I'm also from Napa and can suggest a lot of places to go there (mostly for food).. it's beautiful and has been really warm lately, you will love it.