If Richardson's endorsement wasn't because he was bucking for a appointment as Vice- President then why

do it after the states with the majority of Hispanics already voted.

Update:

Joyce S, I know that because I live in one New Mexico

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You hit it right on the money

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Maybe Obama is dumb enough to select Richardson as his VP.

As a Republican, I hope so. He's an awful politician.

Obama probably wants Richardson's nice full resume of appointed jobs to balance his empty resume of nada antes de ayer. Nada is Spanish and he figures that Richardson can convince Hispanics that he's one of them although none of them has ever bought that one before.

The Dynamic Duo figured they could lock up the dueling black and hispanic votes and rumble it out against the women and "typical white people" all the way to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

The Dems thought they had the SW locked up until McCain knocked them out with Arizona and the other border States so Richardson could be a Hail Mary Pass for the SW, Colorado and hispanics.

Add to it that Richardson is out of a job. He's term limited for Governor, missed the boat on a run for Domenici's open Senate seat, and has spent his whole life in government.

He needs a gig. Either as VP or a Cabinet post. He's always prefered Washington, NY or foreign capitals anyway. More women than Albuquerque.

• 1 decade ago

By Richardson backing Obama after being friends with the Clintons, that just tells me that he knows what kind of people the Clintons REALLY are. They cannot be trusted. Why else do you think they always put up a fight when asked to release, tax returns or records of their past years in office. They have something to hide and it's obvious.

• 1 decade ago

He has explained why....he disagreed with a few of the Clinton tactics and decided that Barack would be best suited for the job of President....

He says that he would not have time to be VP...and if he does get offered the job, why wouldn't he take it?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It was after his state voted for Hillary Clinton maybe he just does not care

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Maybe because Bill looked so bored in the picture where he and Gov. Richardson were watching the game.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

McBush got his vice already. He cannot do muchat this time because first he has to have the official nomination......and that won't happen until September...

• 1 decade ago

He is looking for an appointment and even the media pundits have theorized that Obama probably offered him one.

• 1 decade ago

does anyone ever stop to think mabye it was beause of th reason he gave? that obama is someone he feels will unite the country? I mean it had to be a hard decission for him to do so and go against the clintons. espcially know the CLINTON BODY COUNT is adding up!

• 1 decade ago

It's his choice for whom he wants to endorse he owes nothing to the Clinton

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.