I have a problem with my IP address and networking?

My computer is a client computer on a wireless network, and at the moment my host can access the Internet but I cannot. On my PC, my network says "connected" and is sending and receiving bytes as normal, but I cannot view websites.

When I try to repair the connection, it tells me "Cannot renew IP address" and the IP shows as 0.0.0.0.

I have tried going into MSDOS and using the ipconfig /renew function, but it returns

"This operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation"

I would like to know what the actual problem is, and if possible, the steps I should take to solve it.

Thanks

Favorite Answer

>Restart your client computer.

>On your client computer, go to wireless networking setting to see if it is set "IP address auto obtain" and if it is going to connect to the right wireless connection you want (check SSID)

>Go to Command Prompt, type "ping www.google.com", if it get reply from outside, that means the networking is working. If not, type"ipconfig/release" and then "ipconfig/renew" to re-get IP address. IF it failed, re-check wireless connection settings (right wireless connection and passcode)

>If you can ping outside,for instance ping www.google.com is no problem, and IE still doesn't work, you may need to re-install your IE or another internet browser.

Hope it will help.

Alan Yang @ Iron Oak IT inc., Calgary, AB

http//www.ironoakit.com

seems you have not configured your NIC.( it is configured with 0.0.0.0 as Ip and for static IP) so change it as :

select your local area connection and go to tcp/ip setting -- put ip,default gateway ,subnet mask,dns server IP. or select " obtain Ip automatically" (this will only work if dhcp is working in your network)

As you had a sparkling no longer easy force put in you could desire to have had the working gadget re-put in, the concern must be the drivers for the wifi card. i might verify the producer's web page for as much as date / ultimate drivers as those won't have been secure on the backup discs and are a hardship-unfastened reason for considered one of those difficulty after a re-deploy.