Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What is the definition of "chatting"?

I tend to ask questions in a conversational manner, but am not speaking to anyone specific. Is that chatting?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The chatting violation makes NO sense. When people ask a poll/survey question they expect a response besides Yes or No. Questions tend to get deleted just for having the word "you" in them. If you ask if people have curtains on their window that tends to get a chatting violation. Even though, that's a poll/survey.

Source(s): I recently lost a level 6 account to "chatting".
  • 1 decade ago

No dear

Chatting can vary.it means the way you communicate with people and friends.

the media you select for your conversation has a direct relationship with it.it means you can select telephone,net chatting or yahoo or gmail chatting based on your requirement.

simply chatting means you exchange information with other party with someone you have been contacted with or a new person.

• 1 decade ago

I agree with 'who wants cake'. How would you choose a 'best answer' if everyone answered yes or no. There has to be something that makes each answer different.

• BONE°
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Here are a few examples of what we consider chatting: (Yahoo standards)

How (are you, old are you, was your day, is everyone today)?

What are you/What am I (doing, thinking of, wearing, etc.)?

Guess my/Can you guess my/What's your (name, age, sex, weight, birthday, location, etc.)?

Do you like my (avatar, web site, poem, etc.)?*

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Anything that does not begin with what, where, when, how. It's programmed into the computer. The computer has no brain of it's own.

• 1 decade ago

Talking back and forth on the internet, or in general, just talking to your friends.

• 1 decade ago

talking online

• 1 decade ago

you mean according to Y....? i cant say i dont have a clue (or ill be delete too) so i will say ...hey Y my answer is yes !

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

meow!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.