How come whenever I turn on my computer the time if two hours earlier?

Whenever I turn on my computer the time is set two hours earlier and I have to change it!!! Why is this happening?

This computer is also less than a year old

Favorite Answer

It could be as simple as the wrong time zone selected.

For instance, when we prepare a PC for a client, the time zone is often set to Eastern Std Time. Since we're in Mountain, we're 2 hours out of sync.

Here's how to confirm or change this setting...

Start Menu...

- Control Panel

--- Date & Time

----- on Vista, select the "Change time zone..." button

----- on XP / 2000, select the "Time Zone" tab

------- now select the correct time zone and ensure the "...daylight savings..." box is CHECKED

--------- click OKAY button and check your time.

If that doesn't change the time, then you should run Windows Update and ensure you have all the latest patches. There are several patches related to the recent changes to Daylight Savings Time.

Michael McLaughlin @ Iron Oak IT inc., Calgary, AB

http://www.linkedin.com/in/michaeljmclaughlin

http://www.ironoakit.com

• kardos

honestly you sound like a very sensible newborn. maximum questions in this element are written negative and do not make experience. That being pronounced what you probably did about the lunch numbers replaced into incorrect. I do not ignore that you've been hunting for the progression and in no way thieve in spite of the undeniable fact that it would not look that way. in spite of the undeniable fact that, when you're playing the cyber college and retaining your grades up then i imagine it truly is large. in case you mom somewhat is an alcholic perhaps there is somebody else on your spouse and youngsters to stay with? the truly situation with slumbering till noon and staying up all evening is once you do get a role those hours do not often artwork to correctly. At this think about your life in spite of the undeniable fact that i ought to say do what's operating for you, keep your grades up and enjoy your youngsters. stay out of different peoples computers and private stuff. you don't desire a criminal record ever. good luck.

The CMOS battery on the mother board may be dead. Replace it.