Does anyone other than me feel that investing in Ford Motor Company, right now, is a smart idea?

Ford is poised to expand in both India and South Africa and stock prices are at an all time low. Any investment gurus out there feel this would be a wise/lucrative investment?

Best Answer

Will Ford's expansion plans offset the losses they are suffering on their existing vehicle lineup? In the near term I tend to doubt it. As Ford attempts to improve their competitiveness in the small vehicle market, they must compete against companies who have long and successful track records in small cars and trucks.

Unless you are buying small stakes and are a long term buy and hold investor, I would stay away. In my opinion, Ford is a traders stock at this time.

Ford looks toppy here, it's up 16% in the last 5 trading days, and is now in a short term overbought condition with the 50 day moving average just above (generally a major support/resistance area for stock traders). My technical indicators are all showing that a short term pull back is more than likely.

In terms of a probable target for the pull back, I would guess somewhere around $5, where it found support early last week. Contrary to what most people will tell you, stocks do not rise and fall based on company products and/or expansion, they rise and fall based on what traders are willing to buy and sell their stock for.

I would say it could make for a good trade, but I would wait for a pull back to that $5 area first.

For many other trading ideas, live real time chat, nightly stock picks with clear cut entry and exit points, nightly market commentary and weekend video reveiws please visit www.GreenRoom Stocks.com

Thanks, and happy trading!

Source(s): www.GreenRoomStocks.com

The idea behind stocks is to buy low and sell high. Since Ford's stocks are low, it would be a good idea to buy them now. With their expansion in both South Africa and India, it would seem logical that their stocks should go up over the long-term. My parents have had Ford stock for years and have done well with them.