How does religion hold back the human race?

Best Answer

When the principles and teachings of a religion are applied correctly, they do not hold back the human race. The key here is to apply the principles of a religion correctly.

For instance, I can look at Christianity as a hateful religion. Or I can look at the principles that I have been taught through the Bible. They teach me to

Spend time with those who I don't agree with (Jesus at with the tax collectors and sinners)

Turn the other cheek when someone hurts you.

To walk in compassion and love.

Because it causes people to stick to the same beliefs that are several thousand years old. This raises another point. Whenever people talk about religion, its always "I believe" something. So religion is not about truth. It blinds the human race so we live in fear about what some upper being can do to us if we don't listen. You know, since religion is just a set of beliefs, and we do not believe it, religion would not have any effect on our daily lives.

• pa

no longer some thing has held decrease back humanity more beneficial than faith. listed below are some examples: Gender inequality (in adult men's desire) the position do those ideas come from? Anti gay rights- the position does that theory come from? faith lack of stem cellular analyze in the U. S.- faith faith is the truly element in the international that has the skill to make logical and knowledgeable people deny reality and make judgements in accordance to faith. allow's remember what faith is, it truly is a posh be conscious for lack of reason. in case you imagine that the books of the religions are previous and do not characterize the religion, humanity might want to understand a million) people in 2016 be able to act morally properly on their personal and could. and a couple of) it will be considered illogical to respond to unanswered questions with a fill in the clean only because the fan base is tremendous and three)there are assorted diverse religions good this second, and diff. religions that were talked about over the centuries that to imagine your faith is the perfect perception gadget and way of life is a funny tale

In many ways.

Look at the countries who embrace religion the most and see how it has caused many problems, and stopped development. Then look at the countries that have not let religion rule and have progressed more rapidly.

Religion = Problems

No religion = A more peaceful and advanced society for all

all the fights in the universe is because of the various religions. I think there should be only one religion of being a human thats it..no other religion.

Religion, along with anything that is given a "trump card" status, will always hold back society.

Religion doesn't hold back anything. Laziness, sloth, carelessness, apathy, and incompetence are far more damaging to the human race.

The problem is that most religions teach theirs is the right religion and the others are false/

Religion just create walls between human, in the name of god, if we look back in history, we can see millions were killed. Rising above these narrow barriers only can bring peace and love in this world.

• C

Look at what lack of Religion has done for us.........

Is this what you call promoting the human race? Murder, Death, Drug abuse, intolerance, War, I think I will take Religion myself.

Peace!