If i am a good person and live a good honourable life, will i be accepted into heaven even if i dont believe?

I would love to believe in an afterlife and god but i just cant believe it, i dont have any proof or evidence, so i can't force myself to believe.

I live a good life, i look after my friends and family and care about people etc. I am not a bad person.

So my question is, if i live a good life, but dont believe in god or heaven etc, will i still go to heaven when i die?(if there is a heaven of course!)

Favorite Answer

According to Christianity the answer is no.

But according to Buddhism, the answer is yes. Reincarnation (to heavens, human world, hell, animal, ghost) is not based on whether you believe or not. It is a natural phenomena. You can still go to heaven if you have accumulated enough good karma.

Do explore Buddhism, it is not superstitious and quite suitable for the scientifically trained mind.

If i am a good person and live a good honourable life, will i be accepted into heaven even if i dont believe? <<==No.

I would love to believe in an afterlife and god but i just cant believe it, i dont have any proof or evidence, so i can't force myself to believe.<<==Maybe you just do what you feel. But feelings cant be trusted sometimes.

I live a good life, i look after my friends and family and care about people etc. I am not a bad person.<<==Are you sure every single thing you did was right?

Well, why are you good? What has prompted you to be a good person? I don't know if you will go to Heaven if you do not believe in God, but is there a God without Heaven? Hmmmm... I think God has found you and you do believe somewhere deep down. Search your own heart to find the answer, and you will surprise yourself!

• nellie

1. What is the criteria for getting into heaven? Jesus, who is fully God and fully man, came to Earth, lived a sinless life, and died on a cross as full payment for your sins. Believe this and you will go to Heaven no matter what. 2. After you break one of the ten commandments, can you still get in? Yup. No one has lived a just life. No one. People curse, watch porn, masturbate, lie, cheat, steal, hurt the feelings of others, etc. All are forgiven through Jesus Christ. All you have to do is believe in Him XD. 3. What if somebody is a bad egg throughout their life and then realise they were wrong and ask Jesus into their heart? Can they still get in? Yup. 4. If I live a wild, fun, and sinful life, and then ask Jesus into my heart on my deathbed, will I go to heaven? Yup. And I hope you will ask Him into your heart. But sin draws you farther and farther away from the Lord. It's highly doubtful that someone like Hitler truly came to admit that he was a sinner and that he needed Jesus. Sin blinds you and barricades you in a wall of pride. 5. Some murderers pray every day now, and think they are going to Heaven. Isn't that ridiculous? Not at all. In God's holy and perfect eyes, ALL sins are equally immoral and filthy. That's just how perfect He is. So if a liar truly comes to believe in Jesus, he will get in. If an adulterer truly comes to believe in Jesus, he will get in. If a murderer truly comes to believe in Jesus, he will get in. Peace out.

there is a heaven but only the bible says there is 144000 that will go there and the rest of us will live on earth and not even if u are a good person god is your father that give you everything that you have so if you cant believe enough that u cant worship him give him thanks and his son that died for us to be able to to live you cant enjoy the blessing from god Right Now this world is wicked and when god gets rid of the things that make it this way then we will we live like we are suppose to if we follow gods will we will reap his reward

No. You cannot get guidance to a good life if you do not believe in the Good God. Your deeds should be for the Good Lord, then only He will reward you. If you have done it for somebody else or for your own conscience, expect no reward!

Javed Iqbal

According to christianity, the answer is NO. You can be the nicest most giving person in the world, but if you don't accept jesus you are going to the same place as the child molesters and murderers.

Good news is there is no such thing as hell.

No unclean thing shall enter heaven. Are you merely good, or are you perfect? If you are not perfect, you need to be cleaned. Only Jesus can do that for you.

Well, you have to repent for your sins, God wants perfect people, and since NONE of us are, we need Jesus so that we can be forgiven of all sins, therefore be blameless in front of the Lord.

So repent, and believe Jesus is Lord, that's it. :-)

If you live a good life, and are true to what you believe. You don't hurt people, and you do good things...righteous things, everything else will work out...however that is.