Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Have you ever been in an earthquake?

What was the magnitude?

Highest magnitude wins- unless your lying:)

Favorite Answer

I was in the Northridge Quake in California.

The earthquake had a "strong" moment magnitude of 6.7, but the ground acceleration was the highest ever instrumentally recorded in an urban area in North America. Fifty-seven people died as a result of the earthquake and over 12,000 were injured. In addition, the earthquake caused an estimated $12.5 billion in damage, making it one of the costliest natural disasters in U.S. history.

Yes, many a time. I was even in class once when we had an earthquake.

The highest magnitude I remember was a 7.4 or something like that.

Source(s): I live in California, less than 5 miles from a fault line...enough said. I know, greatest place in the world to live, right?

Ive been in two earthquake not big ones though

one was a 2.5

and the other a 4.2

not big but still scary

yeah no big deal girl no big to the deal. we got 4 in like 2 months here in hawaii. i slept through one, and the other 2 was cool, but the electric was out all day it was so hot it was summer. and even in one it was fun cause i decided to skip and merrily pounce about during one, it was likw 15 seconds or more! whoo doggy. but it gave me a massive headache yo, are you pickin up what i am putting down homie?

Yes but not a very big one.They say California is famous for earth quakes but I've only been in about 3.

yeah. it was 5.2 and i didnt feel a thing. i was so disappointed when i heard it on the news the next day!

yes and i was sleeping...and I felt and woke up..I thought in my dream that someone was rocking the bed for me...

no