Explain the difference between a marriage partner and a spiritual partner?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • deito
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

IN ideal conditions, there should not be any difference, Your partner should be the first soul you experience real oneness with. You should be able to experiment your desires truly and satisfy each other and move ahead to new elevated levels.

When the individual ego is very high, directly relating itself to universal oneness is a difficult process, so he or she can get married and experience and grow with each other and than expand further. Such elaborate procedures are followed in ancient tantra philosophies. There there is no husband and wife tagging required, just two partners agree upon to help each others evolve and help each other as a subject in there experiment and practices.

My brother coyote above makes this point very clear.

-- Deito

Harirnama Harirnama Harirnama Kevalam.

• Well, I know I tend to want to look at things just a bit off the beaten path and from way outside the box, so I will give this one a try!

I know for a fact that it has every bit to do with the lack of a right of passage into adulthood in our culture! The fact that Mom & Dad are too bussy making a living to provide proper guidance with many families also leads to what you have termed "Marriage Partners", as they usually get married to get out of the house. This true lack of Maturity has nothing to do with age, but with a lack of being taught a value system as can be found within most SPIRITUAL gathering places. Teens become Lovers by having sex, and not realizing that a marriage is intended to be a bond of friendship not just lust! Do you realize that Divorce has become the number one right of passage into Adulthood in the American Culture? Many think it is the drivers license or turning 21...

I guess the easy way is to say that marriage partners have sex, while SPIRITUAL PARTNERS have SEX. What passes for an intimate relationship with marriage partners isn't even good foreplay when compaired to that of SPIRITUAL Partners!

ME!

• 1 decade ago

A piece of paper from your local courthouse....

I believe in marriage and the good things that can come from it (tax-wise, death benefits, etc) but I also believe that 500 times more important than that is the spiritual bond that two people share. My husband & I have been together for 5 years and have NEVER had an argument. I still have to think back to the year we got together because it only feels like a year or two. It has been amazing and wonderful. No piece of paper was required for that kind of bliss :)

Hope I wasn't rambling too much :) Hope you find the answer you are looking for...

• 1 decade ago

A marriage partner CAN be a Spiritual partner. Mine is! Blessings!

Source(s): Married 33 years in May.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Yoda
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

When you split a seed in two it cannot grow until it rejoins.

You split a seed in two pieces and wrap each half of seed inside an apple.

The seed can't get into the ground where the nutrients are unless the apple is removed. The two halfs can't rejoin until the apple is removed..

The apple is the illusion of lust; desire for sensual enjoyment of the body; bondage to existence and power over the material world. Indeed the apple is the material world; both the environment and the biological bodies that exist in it.

True marriage is for spiritual partners; and the bridal chamber is where they rejoin as one.

The soul is split and bound to two bodies. Its essense (its holy spirit) is shared between two half's of the seed and bound to neither body.

The supreme spirit gives of itself to every soul a spirit partner.

As one being the supreme has descended as many incarnations over the 1000's of years: Jesus, Vyasa, Krsna, Rama, etc. These incarnations served as an example to all. By example they conquered the flesh and demonstated how to liberate a soul from material bondage.

The essense of supreme spirit is made digestable through the philosophy of the scriptures; the words of truth. Through words and images the soul can detach the binds that tie it to lust. Through self sacrifice; the soul can completely destroy the apple. First comes discovery and faith; then learning; then penance and sacrifice; and then finally liberation/resurrection. Resurrection means to bring or raise up that which was once perfect but became divided. To make whole what was split in to two pieces.

Any marriage other than re-union of two half's of the seed (two soulmates) with the spirit causes terrible karmic debts. Adultery is union of the soul to the material world; to lust; and to bondage.

Adultery is fear; running away from truth; insecurity and finally impious actions that carry consequence of bondage to the world. If one dies in adultery; one's soul degrades with the body and reincarnates to suffer further material existence; further suffering; further isolation from the spirit.

• 1 decade ago

Since I believe the soul is beyond the use of gender, true friendship, supremely intimate, pure and honest, without self seeking, is the standard for proper spiritual union, and likewise should be the goal in marriage, if one is striving for the greatest success.

God bless.

• 1 decade ago

They should be one and the same ideally. The only difference is marriage is more official while spiritual is unofficial.

• 1 decade ago

A marriage partner is between a man and women, like the way it's suppose to be. A spiritual partner is something homosexualls say because they can't legally be married, thank God, let's keep it that way.

Source(s): The Bible, State laws,
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A MARRIAGE PARTNER IS WHEN A MAN MARRIED FOR SEX AND SOON HE FIND THATS NOT IT AND IF HE DOES TURN SPIRITUAL - HE WILL TREAT HIS WOMAN LIKE A REAL PERSON ; ALMOST LIKE HIS OWN DAUGHTER SO TO SPEAK AND USES HER NO MORE AS HE IS PASSED FROM USING HER AS A SEX OBJECT BUT TRULY LOVES HER AS A SPIRITUAL PARTNER AND HELPMATE DOING GOD'S WORK.

PS - SORRY ONCE I GOT THE CAP ON - I JUST TYPE ON TO SAVES TIME. IS THAT OK?

• Sunman
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Spiritual partnership is marriage taken to a new level...knowing what we know now.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.