Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Seriously, how much weight would someone lose in a month doing something this extreme?

My friend is trying this insane plan where shes planning on eating a half full back of cereal in the morning, a lean cuisine for lunch, and a salad for dinner. Then she is planning on working out for 5 whole hours! (Well thoroughout the day) i know thats not totally insane but i have been trying to discourage her from it, but she wont budge! But realistically, how much weight would she lose?

Favorite Answer

Working out for five hours is seriously dangerous, and who has time to dedicate five hours for the gym? She could probably lose up to 30+ depending on how/what she does at the gym because a pound is 3,6000calories and it's VERY easy to lose that each day, doing 5 hours at the gym.

Tell her to limit herself with the gym.

• Jamie

I found the book to be very informative and easy to read.

I've lost 17 pounds in 12 days, I'm just concerned that I'm losing too much weight, too quickly. I will admit I haven't followed the guide exactly. I'm not sticking perfectly to the listed foods and meal plans (but mostly) and doing very little exercise, but the weight keeps flying off.

It clearly works and if I'd followed it exactly I think it would scare the living daylights out of me because of the amount that I'd lose. So thanks again for the information. I've never purchased anything like this before because they are usually full of trash, but 3WD has been a pleasant surprise.

Get started today!

First and foremost this is incredibly ridiculous. You shouldn't be doing that cuz its bad for your body. Diet and exercise is good but too much of a good thing is bad for you. Eating small meals throughout the day and exercise in the late afternoon (around 4 or 5) is the best thing for your body. It will increase metabolism and help lose weight. If your friend follows this, she will lose much more weight from fat. Weight is not the important thing because muscle weighs more than fat. It's the fat you want to get rid of. If she keeps doing what you are talking about, she will become insanely sick. I don't know your friend, but you should discourage what she is doing because she could be struggling with her idea of a body image. I hope I have helped you.

probabaly not that much because for all the fat she s burning she will be gaining more muscle which weighs more than fat so she will just be more muscular but weight the same

and since she is eating only three meals her body will be holding the fat instead of using it. if she wants to lose weight she should exercise for 30 min like 3 times a week and eat 3 small meal with snacks in between. she would lose a lot more weight and it would do a lot less damage on her body plus she would be able to keep a low weight

First of all, her metabolism would slow down to a miserable crawl if she ate that little, but would be forced to speed up and eat off her fat reserves if she would work out for five whole (un realistic hours. I bet you she wouldn't do it.) if she didnt work out at all one dayy, and didn't eat alot, she would gain back her weight again like it never was even off. It's a terrible idea, she will just get discouraged and gain even more weight. She is being ignorant about weight loss, and is doing somethign dumb that will only make her fat. She needs to learn something about the human body before she starts a crazy diet like this.

I think in one week on a good diet a person is supposed to lose around 3 pounds give or take. However, with less exercise and more healthy food, she would be better off.

It would be much better for her to eat 6 small/healthy meals a day, and exercise 20- 40 minutes. Good Luck =]

seriously...around 50 lbs. in a month.

it's not that extreme, people do that all the time.

watch the biggest loser...they lose more than that.

a guy there lost 100 lbs. in 10 wks.

a 60yr. old guy there lost 30 lbs. in 7 days = 1 wk.

so yeah it's possible.

they work out 6hrs. a day and lose huge amounts of weight.

women do too. good luck to her. and encourage her to eat healthy food, a lot of it and she will lose the weight in no time.

but she had to eat heathy and exercise a lot. Tell her to buy lots of chewing gum... that will keep her mind off of food.

The outcome depends on too many different things to be predictable. Every one is different. She maybe setting herself up to fail because she is overdoing. A diet plan is a WAY OF LIFE not a one time thing or quickie solution. Remember, be safe, all things in moderation. That includes food and exercise.

wow. well she will definately lose weight, but the stress that shes gonna be putting on her body by working out that much will cause more damage in the long run, and will cause serious overtraining and she could possibly have healthy problems. a good workout usually takes only 20-30 minutes and you can get very good results.

My boyfriend use to be in this extreme diet of water and 1 wrap a day! And the wrap was just a slice of low-fat cheese, ham, and light mayonnaise. In 2.5 months he lost 50 pounds. He also jogged every day... but he was so weak. He couldn't even play pool or go to music concerts. =[