Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 decade ago

how long does swirl remover last and how can i bring back my shine in the paint?

Favorite Answer

A true swirl remover isnt something that so much lasts, rather is something that is used to remove layers of damaged paint. It is then followed by a polish or wax to seal the surface, and further enhance the look of the surface.

You can buy a cheap orbital polisher to help with the job, ensure the pad you get is suitable for the intended job. There are different pads for different purposes. Ask questions- dont guess. Someone who sells these surely will help.

I do all of my swirl removal work by hand- beware, you will be sore afterwards. It is hard work when done by hand, but the result is nice. Typically better results with a machine, especially if you are not so experienced.

Source(s): ex detailer

Swirl remover should last indefinately if done correctly. I assume that you are trying to remove the swirl marks left after buffing. You need to use a glaze. There are two basic types of glazes: hand glazes and machine glaze.Both types work well but hand glaze is more work since it is applied by hand.

The best glaze I have used is called Plum Crazy, but it is hard to find. I can be used by hand or by machine. If you are a novice then I would recommend hand glaze. It is applied just like wax. 3M makes a good hand glaze and you should be able to find it at most auto parts/paint stores.

Source(s): 12 yrs paint industry

THERE ARE A COUPLE OF SWIRL REMOVER PRODUCTS ON THE MARKET . ONE IS A FILLER AND ONLY LAST UNTIL YOU WASH THE CAR A COUPLE OF TIMES. THE OTHER ACTUALLY HAS JUST ENOUGH ABRASIVE TO REMOVE THE SWIRL EFFECT AND OFFERS GOOD LONGEVITY.