Good Trade?

Im giving up:

Carl Crawford

Hunter Pence

Im getting:

Ryan Braun

Jason Bay

Is this a good trade for me??

Favorite Answer

I dont like it. Pence and Crawford both cover power, average, speed and runs. They wont get as many rbis as Braun or Bay but overall, I like Craw and Pence better.

You would be losing 70+ steals from 2 guys that have pop as well. That is huge. Most guys have to chase steals and land a weak link like Pierre or even Dave Roberts.

Stand pat

I would do Braun for Crawford, which is a good equal trade (Bruan will get you around 40 homers, 120 rbis - Crawford is good for around 50 bags a .310+ avg)

Pence for Bay is also, generally equal (Pence is around 20 homers, 90 rbis, solid .300 average - Bay has slipped but should put mid 20 homers, 90 rbis and mayb a little worse average around .280)

Overall as I've been saying, very equal trade ESPN projected Crawford better than Braun, Pence better than Bay but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt, Crawford/Braun rank virtually the same at the end of the season. Because I value power numbers more than speed, I'll take Braun and Bay - its not like you are ripping the guy off though

It's a pretty fair trade, but I'd stick with what you have.

Crawford is the top player in the AL for SB's. He'll get 50+, and he doesn't hurt you in any other categories. Pence is also a solid power/speed combo. Braun looked great last season, but he may be in for a sophomore slump. But, Bay should rebound from last year. He could easily be a .290/30/100 guy this year.

Hope I helped!

• Anon28

I'm going to say no. Jason Bay isn't a quality fantasy OF at this point. Crawford and Pence are too valuable to go, even for a stud like Braun.

absolutely.....Braun is due to have a 35 HR year and crawford's SB arent valueable enough to turn this down.

Bay has more power than pence, and braun is a sleeper for this year....im tellin you, do the trade