promotion image of download ymail app

I'm a US CItizen, My boyfriend is TPS holder. He has had his work authorization card for the past 8 years.

His TPS was granted 3 months after arriving to the US. (Crossing the border) So I believe he is not subject to any bar -- Is that right?

He Entered November 2000, and applied right away for TPS, it was granted and he received it February 2001.

If we marry, can I petition for him? Is so, how? We have known each other since 2002, been together since 2004

1 Answer

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Yes, TPS holders can adjust their status if their TPS has NOT expired.

    TPS just works as an assylum status, therefore he can change his satatus afetr he gets married.

    Call the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.