Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Fellow R&Sers: After forming a cyber-relationship with another R&Ser of a different faith or a non-faith......

...Do you inadvertently adjust your Q&As to keep from offending them???

I was simply wondering. This Question, in my case, is merely academic, of course.

So, do you???

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't know. I've never had an R&S relationship.

But I don't imagine I would. If they enter into this very serious thing, they should already know what my beliefs are and I wouldn't alter them for any reason.

But then again, I've never been in that situation. I'm cyber-single.

• Jenny
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I haven't formed a cyber relationship other than friendships and no I would not change any of my questions because before I ask them, I think. I try to post all questions so as not to offend anyone.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hmmmmmmm....

Good question.....

I don't think I'd ever change the actual topics of my postings, but yes, I will probably try even harder than usual to make sure I'm wording my remarks tactfully.

I don't think that's a negative thing, actually; religion is a very sensitive subject for a lot of us, and I think it's great to learn about our contacts' faiths, and to become more aware of potential minefields!

Lv 7
    1 decade ago

sometimes, when tired, i tend to read a question, without thinking trough of its meaning. then i ,,slam,, an answer right on and after re-reading it, i might come with the right and non offensive answer.this applies to the ,,cyber relationships,, only. one of my former contacts removed me, after she found out, that i am atheist, all tho, i never offended her.my problem is, as i mentioned above, when tired, i might unintentionally offend. this is my fifth and last, so far, language, i,ve been using trough-out my life.thus,i get confused sometimes, with the correct meaning of any question, .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Faith
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Constructive criticism is completely acceptable, however you shouldn't be using any type of offensive language to bash someone's faith, therefore happy question deleting (if the latter is the case)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Try reading this free e-book called 97 steps to a happy relationship. I've read it (a while ago) and I still think about the advice given in it.

• 1 decade ago

Nope. My contacts are tough. They can handle it. :)

Really, I try not to offend people, and my contacts can usually understand where I'm coming from. Of course, most of my contacts that don't agree with my faith are atheists, so they don't mind if I get a little tough on religion.

• 1 decade ago

Nope, I haven't had a relationship (married) but I did have a few contacts that are very bright and would be lost if I changed tactics.

• 1 decade ago

Nope. Though they do keep me in check sometimes. I'll get all irritated and get snarky and then a few of my Christian contacts come along and make me feel guilty. LOL

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Not my Q&A's, no.

I would enjoy emailing them to detail my Q&A's if they had questions or wanted to discuss it. Often we leave short snippets of what we think, when often there could be hour long conversations about just one question.

I miss college! :) Coffee or beer drinking conversations that lasted hours....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.