Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Madden cover and Sean Taylor?

Why do people think that Sean Taylor should be on the cover of 09 just because he got shot in his home?

If he gets that cover, what about when Pat Tillman gave up his football days to go serve over in Iraq and got killed there? Wouldn't that mean he should have gotten the cover of Madden the year of his death?

Just seems a bit ...weird to me...

Your thoughts please

10+ to best answer

Favorite Answer

I think some people just want to see the end of the "Madden Curse" so they ask for Taylor or Favre.

Others want Taylor because he had a tragic death. You could argue that Tillman risked his life when Taylor's death was unexpected. In my opinion, no death is more important than another.

I agree with you. If they did so somethng with Sean Taylor, it should be more of a montage. It just makes me sick because half of the people that say 'they love Sean Taylor forever' really only jumped on his bandwagon after he died, and after they saw all his highlight reels of huge hits.

I personally think a montage of Sean Taylor, Pat Tillman, and other such players would be pretty cool. What I think would be really cool would be a throwback to some old players...one's that dominated during their time. That would be really cool. I'm tired of all these sycophantic fan boys who say they love this player and that player, when they really don't even know who they are or what they are about. How many times have I been forced to walk away from Y!A because of people calling LaDainian Tomlinson "LT." He is not "LT." Let's end that here. Thank you.

Sean Taylor was a great safety. He was a great hitter. He was in the prime of his career and only getting better. But to put him on the cover of Madden because he was killed by accidental fire, even though it was during a robbery...

/endrant.

I think that would be a good idea. The Madden cover has a curse of jinxing player's careers. So if Sean Taylor was put on the cover there wouldn't be a career to end. But they only put on super super stars, like players who get the most and stuff and publicity so don't expect Taylor to be on the cover.

I believe the cover should go to someone because of their on field heroics not their off field troubles or misfortune. I believe they could recognize each of the fallen NFL stars in the Madden introduction as a tribute to them with their families permission of course. This will probably not happen nor will

a deceased player be on the cover. I think it would be better to do it within the game so that one has the option to skip past it instead of the reminder being forced upon you everytime you take the game out of the case.

It is a very touchy subject that will get strong opposition from both sides. I'm sure. Good Question.

i agree with you man. although it's a nice gesture, and it will be a great honor, it is not fair to all of the others that passed away. In a way, it is kind of annoying. I personally think that other people deserve to be on the cover. Players such as Romo, Eli Manning. Burress, and many others deserve to be on that cover a lot more than Sean Taylor. Just think about it: If Sean Taylor was still alive, still healthy, and still playing in the NFL, would he be on the cover? Absolutley NOT!!! Although it is a real nice thing to do, I agree with you on the fact that it is a little bit wierd. Unfortunately, we can do nothing about it.

I agree.

Sean Taylor was a great person and a great football player but like you said if they're gonna do that they should do it of Tillman and, honestly that was a more worthy case I mean Taylor just got shot in his home while Tillman and plenty of others have died fighting.

• Gail

Pay respects and tribute to Taylor, yes. Put him on the cover of Madden 09? no.....I think Favre will get that honor (or curse).

Because Sean Taylor was a very good player, Tillman was average and i think was a back up.

and who said we didn't want pat tillman on the cover? i wanted him on the cover, he was a hero. but sean taylor was having the kind of year that could've got him on the cover anyway. i really think it would be cool if they had a sean taylor edition. not necessarily the main one, but have 2 different covers i guess.

Source(s): and the difference was kinda how tillman left football because he wanted to, he wanted o serve his country, it was his choice. taylor was shot in his home while he was still a member of the redskins. i understand what you are saying, it wouldn't be fare to the others. its just a thought though] would it hurt to have a special edition cover for these guys though? i would pay extra for it

I agree with you 100%.

Taylor was a great football player, but he shouldn't get the cover just because he past away.

It would be unfair to the teams, families, players, and the players that have past away.

I'm sure EA and the Madden franchise wouldn't allow that.