8 month old so has Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema) ???

Last Thursday my son broke out with a pretty bad rash , there were a few spots on his face and his tummy but the majority of the rash was on his back. I took him to his doctor on Friday, and she said that she believes its Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema). She told me what types of soaps, and detergents and lotions to buy and sent me on my way.

When I got home I did some research, and found out that the out breaks are usually triggerd by something, (cat dander, food allergy, etc..)

Some time Friday night my son got the runs, and has had them for going on four days now, and his voice sounds really raspy, like if he had been sick, but he hasn't been. Wich brings me to my question...

Do you think that my sons out break was caused by a food allergy? Since food allergies can cause you to get the runs, and could make you throat itchy and scratchy, or do you think that they are two different issues?

Any advise or tips on the situation would be great thank you.

Update:

i have three cats, they are not allowed in any of the bedrooms

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Claire
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Did you feed him something new? I bet this is a food allergy. My 7 month old son has eczema really badly, and it's food related. He's allergic to milk, eggs, and all nuts. His eczema is much better when we keep him away from these things.

I think his two issues are both related to an allergy. Try to think of something new he may have had to eat, or it is possible that he has developed an allergy to something he's already been having. My son's allergist told us that ezcema in kids like that is almost always related to a food allergy.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

8 month old so has Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema) ???

Last Thursday my son broke out with a pretty bad rash , there were a few spots on his face and his tummy but the majority of the rash was on his back. I took him to his doctor on Friday, and she said that she believes its Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema). She told me what types of soaps, and detergents...

Source(s): 8 month atopic dermatitis eczema: https://tinyurl.im/cMI0R
  • 1 decade ago

This has worked brillantly for us - so worth a try.

Try taking probiotics (friendly bacteria) your health food shop will provide it. Get the refrigerated variety. Start with one capsule (break capsule open and mix with drink/milk) a day and then up to the maximum after a week or 2.

Best one we have found so far is Primadophilus Reuteri (same bacteria mother's milk passes to baby) or Bifidus.

Your baby's eczema may be a result of a leaky gut. My son's skin is like new and you wouldnt know he has eczema, he is nearly 5 now. We have cat, dog and horses.

He started after 15mths, when I stopped breastfeeding.

Also use eco washing powders/liquids, shampoos etc

If using disposable nappies change to moltex eco or like. Disposable nappies were one culprit.

Being too clean can also cause allergy problems..normally nasty chemicals!

good luck

Source(s): morning tv program about Perth, OZ research on probiotics and eczema
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

I Cured Eczema Easily Permanently : http://Eczema.neatprim.com

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

I just wanted to send a huge thanks for the book called eczema free forever!

My 8 months son had eczema on his face, neck and upper chest.

After trying various medications prescribed by our doctor my son had eczema still.

This is when i decided to look for an alternative and bought tried eczema free forever methods.

After only a few days his skin started looking better and after 10 days he had no sign of eczema anymore.

Check here to try it : http://Eczema.naturallysaver.com .

You don't have to live with eczema any longer!

• 1 decade ago

It needs to be attacked from all angles. For the skin if you want something natural, I would use Virgin Emu OIl. It keeps the skin real moist and will eliminate most of the itching and many times the rash also. I know because I used it because I will NOT use steroids that doctors prescribe.

It is inexpensive too. Here is the link.

Your child will feel relief and you will too.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Theres a natural eczema product I used when my daughter was little- her flares went away in 3-4 months and now we deal with very small flares.

But you have to do the perfume free, dye free things and look at food.

Source(s): www.katuri.com
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wow, this little guy is not having much fun, is he? The things that helped my son the most was getting all toxic cleaning products our of our home. My laundry product made the biggest difference, but everyone is different. When I researched, I found one company where I get all my supplements, personal care products, cleaning products, etc. (and now get paid for buying my own things). Please let me know if you think this might help. iamchanginglives@yahoo.com

• 1 decade ago

I found a good site with helpful tips and advice on kids eczema also good insight into children skincare.

They also have some interesting ultra-hypoallergenic products for kids with very sensitive skin or eczema

http://www.exederm.com/kids-eczema.html

hope this helps

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.