8 month old so has Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema) ???

Last Thursday my son broke out with a pretty bad rash , there were a few spots on his face and his tummy but the majority of the rash was on his back. I took him to his doctor on Friday, and she said that she believes its Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema). She told me what types of soaps, and detergents and lotions to buy... show more Last Thursday my son broke out with a pretty bad rash , there were a few spots on his face and his tummy but the majority of the rash was on his back. I took him to his doctor on Friday, and she said that she believes its Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema). She told me what types of soaps, and detergents and lotions to buy and sent me on my way.

When I got home I did some research, and found out that the out breaks are usually triggerd by something, (cat dander, food allergy, etc..)

Some time Friday night my son got the runs, and has had them for going on four days now, and his voice sounds really raspy, like if he had been sick, but he hasn't been. Wich brings me to my question...

Do you think that my sons out break was caused by a food allergy? Since food allergies can cause you to get the runs, and could make you throat itchy and scratchy, or do you think that they are two different issues?

Any advise or tips on the situation would be great thank you.
Update: i have three cats, they are not allowed in any of the bedrooms