What is the difference between suit jackets, sports coats and blazers? Please Help!!?

We are having an outdoor wedding and I want it to be comfortable and different. I like the look of tan pants and a brown jacket instead of tuxedos or entire suits. I just don't know what type of jacket to have the guys wear, I am getting very frustrated and having a hard time finding what I think I want. I... show more We are having an outdoor wedding and I want it to be comfortable and different. I like the look of tan pants and a brown jacket instead of tuxedos or entire suits. I just don't know what type of jacket to have the guys wear, I am getting very frustrated and having a hard time finding what I think I want. I hope it will look good but I'm not sure. Do I just chuck my idea and go with suits or what?????
Update: What would be appropriate for a semi formal outdoor wedding? Which do you think would look best? I need to make sure they aren't too expensive, I hate to ask guys to fork over a ton of cash.