Why does God have the audacity to get angry with us when he very knows we all fall short of his perfection?

why get all P.O.'d about it----flooding the earth---killing innocent people and all, those are the qualities of a tyrant.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

If I was a single parent with a son or a daughter and I gave them a list of chores, errands and duties I knew they could NEVER complete, and i forced them to worship at my feet, to kneel before me and kiss the ground i walked on under threats of physical pain and abuse, I'd be arrested for child endangerment, or worse. And yet the Christian religion falls all over itself to do that very thing to their ideal of "God"...a psychiatrist could have a field day analyzing the enabling state of self-denial these abused victims of religious violence have suffered at the hands of their mental abuser.

• SS G

Who else will have the so called 'audacity' or 'anger' except the Head of this Universe? In fact the God is above such qualities. A force without any adjectives.

Every day you clean your teeth, body, home, desk etc and in the process 'kill' several germs (life forms), or displace some life-forms with a view to protect the over-all health. Your intention is not to kill or displace some other life but it is incedental and trivial in the overall scheme of things. Whe we take a medicine for some health problem, we are killing something else. God uses His Five elements that are His tools to do certain things which are needed in the best interests of his overall governance. To understand this, we need great scientific analysis and a bunch of philosophies. There is a perfect reason, meaning and well-being of the Universe behind everything we see. At human level, we have to do every thing to help the situation, prevent such occurences, protect the innocent victims and rehabilitate etc...which is all our bounden 'duty'.

He is giving us a lot of time to change to his way of thinking.

2 Peter 3 ; 9 Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.

He is holding off on his anger.

Source(s): NWT

...which innocent people? The kids of the ruthless Sodomites and Gomorrah's? God warn the people many times, if they want their kids to be saved, they should have boarded them with Noah. But because of the hardness of their hearts, they left themselves perish along with their children. Until now, children perish because of the adults making wars etc...

If you don't understand that...I'll just...

*shrug my shoulders*

P.S*

God is not angry...we are at the mercy period.

Ask him. I sense you are simply asking us to THINK and learn perhaps you would suggest we read the words He provided for us, so that we might know Him better and decide we would really like a relationship with Him.It's a whole new life!!

I stop believing in god and deities all togehter. They made no sense, they seem to try us like toys rather than actual beings and they are all written in arrogantly and intelligence is not on their sides. I guess that is what you can expect from people trying to write about a character that doesn't exist but want you to believe it does. A hot mess.

Source(s): Atheist

The same way your parents get pissed at you for going the opposite way they taught you to go.

tyrant and hypocrit extrordinnaire

• You're absolutely right!

[check mate]

I guess he has nothing better to do...