Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Don't you hate when people correct minor mistakes in your spelling on your questions and answers?

who cares if you spelled elephant wrong! or if you used "there when you were supposed to use their" lol it bugs me a little bit lol (as im sure you can tell)

Best Answer

Yes, it really bug me to.

And sometimes people assume that everyone in the world have learned English at school and many people as myself has only study English in my spare time. I only learned English at school from 4 to 7 grade and if I wanted to teach more I had to study it for my self or take private lessons.

So to all people that like to correct other people spelling mistakes go and **** yourself or get a life ore something.

• Duke

I use "spell check" so I usually don't have a problem with that.

Correct spelling makes it easier to understand things.

Some people on here have such terrible spelling I don't even try to read their answers anymore. It's not necessary for it to be like that since Yahoo provides a "spell checker"...

• Joshua

To be honest, I thought you were joking, cuz you LOL so much!

I really don't mind when people correct me, gives me a chance to learn, since English isn't my native language.

Mind you, I always use spell-check to correct my mistakes before I sent an answer...it's there, it works fast, so why not use it?

Not really actually. I, too, have corrected people's grammar on here, because they just annoy me when they can't type "pregnant" and spell it like "pregnat", "pregnend", "preget", etc.

I don't care much about minor mistakes, I mean, everybody has them once in a while. But damn, try your best so others can read it, ya know? Lol.

Yes, I'm not Native English speaker and I make mistake in grammar, there are is not grammar check, I try to improve my English. Some people don't answer my question only gain points with that: Speak English.That is not culture, because culture is to make people feel good near you, I don't feel nice because them attention, because I know that my English is not good, but they can understand me and answer my question properly if they know.

Yes, we just want the answers so we type fast and add or miss out the odd letter, lol. So people think we are dumb! People do it to me an I have a masters in English Language. lol! They must be really borrreeing !

- O look a spelling mistake - better point it out or he might die!

When Americans slag off the English spellings.

I don't like that either, UNLESS the question is one that is critical of somebody else for making mistakes. For example:

"Don't you just hate when people dont use punctuation in they're sentences?"

Try to learn from it. They don't know you personally so whats the point in what they say. But still try to improve it.

• yeah i'm not the greatest speller and if it was'nt for spell check i'd be lost and grammer forget it haha