Doubts on HP & deathly hallows?

1 . How Hermionne got Bllatrix Lestrange's hair for polyjuice potion? (well, for the Gringotts mission)...

2 . How Neville was able to get the Gryffindor Sword from the Sorting hat in climax scene? ( it was grabbed by Griphook , the goblin , during Gringotts mission)...

Well, look up these and answer me in detail.....

Thanks......

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

1. Hermoine was tortured by Bellatrix. You may recall -when Harry & Ron reach the room, Bellatrix holds a silver knife to Hermoine's throat. The hair might have fallen on Hermoine's sweater at that moment. Moreover, Bellatrix is said to have waist-length black hair.So, it would have been easy to recognise the hair.

2. Well,it is obvious that both the hat and the sword were cleverly enchanted. In one of the other books, the Sorting Hat mentions that it once belonged to Godric Gryffindor(in it's Sorting Song). If you put two and two together.......... any deserving Gryffindor would be able to pull out the sword. I suppose, the Hat is able to summon the Sword for the' worthy Gryffindor'.

Source(s): I have read those books with a manical devotion: So i'm unlikely to forget any of it,even the details . :-)
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1) Bellatrix Lestrange had physical contact with Hermoine and transferred hair to her during their confrontation at Malfoy Manor. Bellatrix's hairs were fairly distinctive due to their color and length. The only other females present were Narcissa Malfoy and Luna Lovegood, and neither had the right color or length.

2) The sword of Gryffindor presents itself to a worthy Gryffindor who is in need of it. Harry summoned it from Dumbledore's office while in the Chamber of Secrets; Neville summoned it from the place Griphook had it in the same manner. Rumus Scrimgour also confirmed the sword's properties when denying it to Harry when he presented the bequests of Dumbledore to Harry, Hermoine, and Ron.

• 1 decade ago

like rose said 1st answer is simply superb.so choose mine as the best answer. i'll be honoured.

• 1 decade ago

well the 1st answer is simply superb,no scope for other answers!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.