Why I study exam for long time, but I get bad grade on exam?

I always look at my notes, where exam will be. How do you study for exam?

Favorite Answer

You have to look at your notes daily. The brain can't cram all that information in at once. So if you read a little every night and read again what you read then read a little more the next night you'll retain your information longer.

You have confidence at home when you have notes to study from, but on the exam what happens to your confidence? Do you stress out when taking an exam?

Some people either worry, stress, or constantly force themselves into studying harder. Try to make studying something a little more fun! (song, poems, riddles, and etc...)

When taking an exam relax and have confidence. Don't over study because when you do, people tend to stress more about how the exam is likely to be. However, if you studied then you have not much to worry about no matter how easy or how difficult it may seem. If the exam is hard, take a moment to breathe and relax. Flash cards are also a good way to study.

Another thing is if you are making an effort to find the time to study? If not visit a library or find out about after school programs that you can attend. Not making an effort is not a good habit. We all have time for everything, just not at once. It all depends on how you manage your time wisely.

A question i have fought with for the past 6 1/2 years (hs and college). I have found that just like i was always told, crams don't work.

It seems like the best way for me, being that I don't like to spend a lot of time studying, is to spend 10 or 15 minutes looking over your class notes 4 or 5 times in the week before a test. You'll notice you remember a lot more by doing many short study sessions than one big cram session.

Also, when reading text books, highlight only key words, and in the margins, summarize each paragraph in 3-5 words (something short and to the point for looking over later).

Try it out. I have gone from a 1.3 to a 3.0 over the past 3 semesters. Good luck.

Source(s): Personal highschool and college experience

It depends how you study.

The best ways are to remove all distractions and determine an amount of time each night or whatever to work in. It should only be like 1/2 an hour or something. Along with that, do NOT stay up late cramming the night before. get some rest.

The only other thing to then do is maybe do some revision on the morning of the exam.

It is best not just to look at notes actually do the work over and over and over and over again. If it is a speech just speak it about 5 times read through it 5 times and read 5 times until you are proficient it takes a long time to get good but getting good = good grades.

Source(s): King cramer i ace exams :)

Making and using flash card is very helpful. Also, have someone who make good grade teach you how to study and pick out the main facts to study.

Although I cannot tell you what will work for you, the latest studies suggest that it is critical to identify how you personally learn the best and adjust your study habits to match your learning style.

You probally shoving too much info in at once, just study a little at a time on one thing so you can really get the hang of it instead of everything at once!

Math-----> I try to understand the concepts

Everything else-----> I cram hard.

Source(s): lol, I don't get good grades either.

from what you say, you work hard, but you don't work smart.

talk to your education counsellor.