promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

job as a dishwasher for a restaurant. duties?

besides dishwashing, do u also have to bus tables? also, what else? on this application im gona fill out, it says u have to know ur math. does that mean i have to be working the cashier also? i really dont wana do that because, honestly, i dont like working with customers lol.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Dishwasher Responsibilities:

Maintains clean, sanitary stock of dishes and utensils.

Loads soiled dishes into dish rack and prepares dish machine for set cycle. Loads appropriate soap levels and time cycle.

Runs dishes through cycle.

Unloads and stacks dishes and glassware in appropriate storage area.

Sorts silverware and utensils and places them safely in proper storage area.

Distributes clean dishes and utensils to proper areas as needed throughout the shift.

Operates dish washing equipment in a safe manner.

Maintains a clean, sanitary work area and ensures safe storage of dish carts and related supplies.

Removes garbage from area at end of shift.

Servery Responsibilities

Performs a variety of functions in the dining hall area.

Sets up the dining hall for each meal i.e. food in serving containers and utensils in servery area.

Maintains attractive and clean serving line, salad area, and beverage area.

Busses and wipes tables.

Replenishes food items as necessary, including salad bar ingredients, bread, fruits, desserts, etc., during meal.

Cleans serving area after each meal and restocks dispensers and other supplies.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • ostby
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Restaurant Dishwasher Job Description

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

job as a dishwasher for a restaurant. duties?

besides dishwashing, do u also have to bus tables? also, what else? on this application im gona fill out, it says u have to know ur math. does that mean i have to be working the cashier also? i really dont wana do that because, honestly, i dont like working with customers lol.

Source(s): job dishwasher restaurant duties: https://shortly.im/3EyHE
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/au0Nz

Servers- Take orders, enter orders into order system or otherwise relay to kitchen, pick up orders from kitchen, deliver to tables, Bartenders- Work at the bar. Serve drinks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic. Probably need some sort of certification class to be a bartender. Food Runners- the intermediary between the waitstaff and the kitchen (the kitchen usually hates the waitstaff and vice versa). Sometimes puts garnishes on plates, times orders, calls out when orders need to be fired, finds delivery times on orders, fills condiments, could make coffee, salads, etc. Dishwasher- washes dishes, pots, pans, glasses, silverware, etc.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago
  • 1 decade ago

usually they dont want you to know math because of the low pay.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.