i am 13, live in ontario canada, if my grandfather buys me a 1200 fps pellet gun and i have my minors license?

5 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    I didn't think it was possible to get an airgun with over 500 fps without a PAL. Since you have a PAL, I don't see why not.

    Best to check here:


    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • aashis
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

    you're meant to verify the sort of element till now you purchase the airgun and produce it into Canada... The Remington Vantage has a muzzle speed of 1200 fps with alloy pellets and somewhat decrease than 1000 fps with lead pellets; and a muzzle capability of around 14-15 ft-lbs. Canadian regulation says that any airgun which produces greater suitable than 4.2 ft-lbs of muzzle capability and a muzzle capability greater than 500 fps demands a possession and acquisition license (chum) to very own. you will ought to speak to the police approximately registering the airgun as a firearm in case you have your chum. As for capturing on your outdoor... It relies upon on the interior of sight ordinances the place you reside. in case you reside in a city the place the ordinance prohibiting firing weapons interior the city limits incorporates airguns in the definition you will no longer have the skill to shoot on your outdoor. in case you reside in a rural section which does no longer have an ordinance you could probable shoot it on your back backyard. the only thank you to appreciate for advantageous is to touch the interior of sight police (or the mounties) via their non-emergency type and ask whether this is felony to shoot an airgun the place you reside.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Do you mean can you keep it? If so then, no, you can't do that. Any airgun 500 fps or over is considered a real gun, and therefore you need to have your PAL to have it.

    PS. It just occured to me (a friend pointed out) you can't even get you minor's til your 16 anyway.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    well i cant answer your question but i have one myself, all i need to by the crosman quest 1000 combo its a 1000fps gun and i live on long island new york. all i need to buy this gun is have my dad show his licence and thats it? and i dont need any hunting licence or anything to kill squirrels and pigeons, correct?

    sorry jeremy for asking on your post but i dont want to make another when this is right here.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    hey you can shoot it if you are on your own property and if you have your hunting lisence if you are on public land by other wise you can shoot it on your land as much as you can if you don't live in the city.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.