16 year old girl , motorcycle license?

i'm 16,

i have my drivers license but now i want my motorcycle license.

i know i would need to take classes, but where would i have to go?

and how old are the people taking the classes usually, are they mostly in their 20's and 30's.

i get intimidated easily, hah.

so how much does it cost, just tell me whatever you think i would need to know.

----and please no comments about me being a girl..

yeah i live in texas.

Favorite Answer

u have to be 18 i thought

Well I live in NC, not sure where you live but here when you're 16 you can get a motorcycle permit. The difference between that and a motorcycle license is the permit allows no passengers. To get the permit you have to take a 15 question multiple choice test. For the license you have to take the written test and the course which requires performing certain tasks on the motorcycle. Some community colleges offer motorcycle courses which in the end if you take and pass the course you automatically get your license. They have bikes/helmets etc to use during the course also. Costs about $200 or so but it's worth it. They'll teach you things about riding you thought you already knew. Good luck, hope you get a bike!

Source(s): I ride motorcycles & dirtbikes =)

Class info at http://www.msf-usa.org

People of all ages take the class. I was 45 when I took it. Had teenagers and 30 somethings there too. The range (riding) portion is limited to 8 trainees so you don't have to worry about a large crowd.

The cost is around $150 but some states it's free to residents. They provide bikes and helmets but I would buy or borrow a helmet because theirs never get cleaned.

Riding a bicycle before the course helps bring coordination that might be rusty.

Have fun.

You be intimidated? I bet those 20-30 year old guys will be much more intimidated by a 16 year old girl showing them up! Or, they'll be trying to show off in front of you and bust their a$$! Go for it!

depending on where you live, the law /rule is if you're under 18- you need 1) drivers license 2) parents consent 3) take and complete the MSF (motorcycle safety foundation) class or BRC (beginning riders course) class.

What?

I can't comment on you being a girl?

Bummer!

I think its great you are a girl.

Girls (most girls) are my favorite kind of people.

Here's what I suggest.

First thing monday morning call the harley dealer nearest you and ask if you can sign up for a riding instruction class. The company is wanting the dealers to offer classes and furnish a bike for the class. you don't have to bring your own bike!!

they have trained instructors guide you through the process.

GO FOR IT GIRL..............

Nothing wrong with you riding a motorcycle. if you get alot of crap for it just tell them to "shove it" I am 24 and I ride a motorcycle. Just get in the biker attitude and who cares what other people think. You enjoy it so dont worry.

go to a motorcycle dealer and they have all the information you need

here in Texas you need your parent with you during the class if you are not 18 that's why i had to wait.

i need to know what state you live in. i would suggest checking your state's dps website. In Texas you have to be atleast 18 or if underage there will be some cc restrictions on how much power you are allowed to handle basically.

get a few years of driving under your belt first,,,,then tackle the bike.