Lv 5
. asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Are Americans misunderestimating McCain's repeated Al Qaeda in Iran allegations?

I seem to remember we were we told the same about Iraq

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

McCain is a LapDog BhutzzLickin Puppet 4 his Zionist= NWO=AIPAC=BILDERBERG=PNAC= JINSA=FEMA= ILLUMINATI, and The Honorary BoyToy of The SATANIC CULT named The SKULL & BONES, whose List of MEMBERS Include: John Kerry, Bill Clitton, DirtyDICK Cheney, and The MonkeyPuppet, a 3rd GENERATION Member "Bonesman" Herr GeorgeReich Von BusheNazi. According to My HIGHLY EDUCATED Calculations, On or Before June 20, 2008., There Will .. ahh .. That .. errr .. Well .. IT AINT GUNNA BE PRETTY !!! http://www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com/node/6015#com...

• 1 decade ago

To add an amendment to The Constitution which is that citizens have The Human Right To Peace might be more effective. The story about Iran seems llike something anyone could say a sort of Witch Hunt mentality. The person just points at a country on a map of the world and says there are terrorists there. This would seem something a non politician with an opinion would say not something to go to war on.

Source(s): suggestions
  • 1 decade ago

The reason I'm switching sides is because of all the lies told to get us to go to war. My son served in Iraq twice and I heard all about what is really going on there. How their kids get blown up by our equipment and many innocent civilians are caught in the middle and treated very inhumanely. I cannot stand by a party that supports this. Al Qaida are from Saudi Arabia. And now that we have all but destroyed Iraq, our presence there is only making more people upset with us and then they want to join Al Qaida after we murder their kids and shoot innocent civilians or torture senior citizens. Going to war in Iran would destroy our nation on so many levels. How anyone can even think of such a thing is beyond me, it really frightens me that people want this, and very badly it seems! It really disturbs me when John McCain jokes about going to war with any nation. War is a last resort, not a first option. We cannot force democracy and diplomacy with Iraq and not use it with Iran. That is immoral and unethical.

Source(s): Conservative voting democrat this year
  • 1 decade ago

We were told the same thing about Al Qaeda when it came to Iraq as McCain is now spouting off about Iran.

The truth is some people say that Al Qaeda is a Database. When did we ever hear about Al Qaeda before 9-11 folks? I sure don't remember hearing about them.

Bin Laden was, though, a product of a monumental miscalculation by western security agencies. Throughout the 80s he was armed by the CIA and funded by the Saudis to wage jihad against the Russian occupation of Afghanistan. Al-Qaida, literally "the database", was originally the computer file of the thousands of mujahideen who were recruited and trained with help from the CIA to defeat the Russians. Inexplicably, and with disastrous consequences, it never appears to have occurred to Washington that once Russia was out of the way, Bin Laden's organisation would turn its attention to the west.

The danger now is that the west's current response to the terrorist threat compounds that original error. So long as the struggle against terrorism is conceived as a war that can be won by military means, it is doomed to fail. The more the west emphasises confrontation, the more it silences moderate voices in the Muslim world who want to speak up for cooperation. Success will only come from isolating the terrorists and denying them support, funds and recruits, which means focusing more on our common ground with the Muslim world than on what divides us.

The G8 summit is not the best-designed forum in which to launch such a dialogue with Muslim countries, as none of them is included in the core membership. Nor do any of them make up the outer circle of select emerging economies, such as China, Brazil and India, which are also invited to Gleneagles. We are not going to address the sense of marginalisation among Muslim countries if we do not make more of an effort to be inclusive of them in the architecture of global governance.

But the G8 does have the opportunity in its communique today to give a forceful response to the latest terrorist attack. That should include a statement of their joint resolve to hunt down those who bear responsibility for yesterday's crimes. But it must seize the opportunity to address the wider issues at the root of terrorism.

In particular, it would be perverse if the focus of the G8 on making poverty history was now obscured by yesterday's bombings. The breeding grounds of terrorism are to be found in the poverty of back streets, where fundamentalism offers a false, easy sense of pride and identity to young men who feel denied of any hope or any economic opportunity for themselves. A war on world poverty may well do more for the security of the west than a war on terror.

And in the privacy of their extensive suites, yesterday's atrocities should prompt heart-searching among some of those present. President Bush is given to justifying the invasion of Iraq on the grounds that by fighting terrorism abroad, it protects the west from having to fight terrorists at home. Whatever else can be said in defence of the war in Iraq today, it cannot be claimed that it has protected us from terrorism on our soil.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2005/jul/08/july7.dev...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm not under estimating McCain. McCain has time and time again said in the Senate that we need to take action against Iran with out any poof of any wrong doing. Sound like the run up to IRAQ doesn't it.

• 1 decade ago

Nope, the man said himself 100 years in Iraq fighting Al Queada, Iran. He scares me, and I think that Senator McCain doesn't have the ability to be President with his clear Statements. That would be like saying Shiraz here at Yahoo Answers didn't know that he is a troll with his 1000's of profiles with 200,000 racist questions being suspended and using 300 presently to deceive the general public. Shiraz just hates other people, and thrives off of it. It puts the lotion on it's skin, or it gets the hose again stuff...you know what I'm saying?

• 1 decade ago

"Misunderestimating" -- cute. McCain repeated the same thing three times, so one has to conclude that he is either ignorant or senile. I think it is important to at least get the facts about the enemy straight so that people might think that you know what you're talking about when you advocate more war.

• iceman
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Only the misinformed supporters of Mc the Cain.

Some people have seen the war, but only in the movies, while eating popcorn.

Regards.

• Judy M
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Iran is the source of all evil in the world of terrorism. They provide weapons, training and financial support. They are very cocky because of our Embassy being held hostage for months whilee then President Carter tried to negotiate with the extremist jihadists who were holding our Embassy staff. They were testing this country and we failed miserably because Carter is such a pacifist and he put this country at risk from terrorists. They never messed with us while Ronald Regan was President because he told them exactly what he would do if our embassy employees were not on an airplane heading home before his inaugaration. They were on that plane because Iran knew Regan would blow them off the face of the earth. You have to mean what you say to keep those people from making our lives a living hell like 9/11. And the President of Iran was a leader in the group that held our embassy hostage all those months. Yeah...Iran will have to be dealt with eventually.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It truly worries me. A war with Iran could mean the end of this country.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.