Is it true that if you eat Watermelen seeds, a watermelen plant will grow in your stomach?

I head that when i was younger and I never ate watermelen seeds because of it. Is it true?

33 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I don't think so...

• 4 years ago

Your stomach upsetness is part psychosomatic, part your stomach rejecting having a seed in it. Think about it- stomach acid is tough stuff. It can break down almost anything you eat. How would a seed survive that, much more find a place to stay rooted and grow into a plant, with tummy toxins and no sunlight?

• 1 decade ago

Absolutely not. The digestive acids in the stomach break down the seed long before it could begin to grow.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I heard that too. But I conquered the fear by eating all the seeds in a watermelon and waited for a week. Nothing happened.

Source(s): Myth busted!
    • Moe6 years agoReport

Do it again and vlog it like

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nope. Maybe you remember that from an episode of Rugrats? I loved that episode. Anyways, nothing will happen if you eat a watermelon seed, but it's probably best you don't anyways. You might choke or something.

• Lady C
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

No, it just a way for a parent to stop their kids from eating watermelon seeds. Just like they told me if I didn't eat my vegetables I wouldn't grow.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's spelled "watermelon" and no you cannot grow watermelon plants in your stomach from eating seeds.

The best way to eat watermelon is sliced with salt on it - delish!

Source(s): I live in the south and grew up eating watermelon (and watermelon seeds).
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That's from an episode of Rugrats, happy easter.

Christ Jesus has become our paschal sacrifice, let us feast with joy in the lord.

• Nico
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No, I've swallowed many watermelon seeds.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

One time i ate one wen i was little and i started crying cuz i thought a watermelon was gonna grow in my tummy. it was scary!

• 1 decade ago

yes

It's called Watermelon Gastronia

or H20 Syndrome

There is no known cure.

Source(s): Currently researching H20 Syndrome. resident pisa pagingdrpisa
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.