Is it true that if you eat Watermelen seeds, a watermelen plant will grow in your stomach?

I head that when i was younger and I never ate watermelen seeds because of it. Is it true?

Best Answer

I don't think so...

Your stomach upsetness is part psychosomatic, part your stomach rejecting having a seed in it. Think about it- stomach acid is tough stuff. It can break down almost anything you eat. How would a seed survive that, much more find a place to stay rooted and grow into a plant, with tummy toxins and no sunlight?

Absolutely not. The digestive acids in the stomach break down the seed long before it could begin to grow.

I heard that too. But I conquered the fear by eating all the seeds in a watermelon and waited for a week. Nothing happened.

Source(s): Myth busted!
    • Moe6 years agoReport

Do it again and vlog it like

Nope. Maybe you remember that from an episode of Rugrats? I loved that episode. Anyways, nothing will happen if you eat a watermelon seed, but it's probably best you don't anyways. You might choke or something.

• Lady C

No, it just a way for a parent to stop their kids from eating watermelon seeds. Just like they told me if I didn't eat my vegetables I wouldn't grow.

It's spelled "watermelon" and no you cannot grow watermelon plants in your stomach from eating seeds.

The best way to eat watermelon is sliced with salt on it - delish!

Source(s): I live in the south and grew up eating watermelon (and watermelon seeds).

That's from an episode of Rugrats, happy easter.

Christ Jesus has become our paschal sacrifice, let us feast with joy in the lord.

• Nico

No, I've swallowed many watermelon seeds.

One time i ate one wen i was little and i started crying cuz i thought a watermelon was gonna grow in my tummy. it was scary!

yes

It's called Watermelon Gastronia

or H20 Syndrome

There is no known cure.

Source(s): Currently researching H20 Syndrome. resident pisa pagingdrpisa