promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Where in the Bible does it say "Watch your ear gates and your eye gates"?

Update:

A verse please

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Proverbs 4:23 reads--"Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."

The quote that you ask about is found in John Bunyan's book "The Holy War". He said that there are five gates--the Eye Gate, Ear Gate, Nose Gate, Mouth Gate, and Feel Gate in the city of Mansoul (read "a man's soul") and Satan will enter the city of Mansoul through those gates. Bunyan said that we need to stop Satan from getting into our hearts through these means.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

it goes like this," Watch your ear gates and your eye gates for bill gates in front of the Stargate as I'm going into the heaven gate..."

• 5 years ago

Proverbs 4:23. Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life. This is saying that your eyes will choose to look after whatever you like. You can be easily influenced into going after whatever you look into. So, don't look into things that lead to wrong doing or you will be doing them before you know it and it will bring death/trouble. Drugs, drinking, sleeping with the wrong person,etc. We all make mistakes but, we need to learn from them

• 1 decade ago

Never heard of a verse like that in either testament; sorry.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have never heard of that but a good site for looking up verses is www.biblegateway.com.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

same place it says watch your water Gates

• 3 years ago

Hi I m Xtreme Damessenger,

In Proverbs 23:7, it says "as a man thinks in his heart (spirit), so is he. How do we think on things? Either you see it or you hear it some where, then you begin to think or meditate on it. This scripture is also saying, if you think or meditate on it long enough you will become it.

Another scripture that goes with that is Matthew 15:18, out of the abundance of the heart the mouth will speak. You speak what s truly in your heart (because you meditated on it) eventually because it is a part of you.

Proverbs 4:23 says, "keep your heart with all diligence for out of it flow the issues of life. Protecting your heart is watching what you read and watch (Eye Gate) as well as what you listen to (Ear Gate). No matter where or who it comes from, even the music you listen to.

I hope this helps you with your question.

• 3 years ago

It used to the in the writings of Paul but the Mandela Effect has made it vanish. The quote went as such: "Keep fast to the Teachings, for you will quickly stray if you do not follow them in absolute strictness. Guard also your eyes and ears, for they are the gateway to your soul. Whatever you look upon enters in and whatever you listen to also enters in to your innermost courts (or "heart", basically the Temple of God in your Soul). The light of your soul depends upon your diligence. Seek also the covenant to which you are bound in Christ, lest the enemy seek to strip you away from the blessings of His Promise."

The Bible was quite different in the timestream I come from. It also had 80 books instead of 66, as the Apocrypha hadn t been edited out by the satanic Vatican. Yes, the Vatican is satanic. They serve the Church of Anton LaVey, also known as the Church of Lucifer.

A lot of words were spelled differently in the timestream I come from too. It s been irritating having to relearn English 4 times as I drift.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Somewhere there not far from here. For exact location, I suggest you ask the might Jesus. Hold the question for his great return.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.