Does steam help your skin?

I have bad skin with acne. I have clogged pores. It's not oily or dry, but does steam help clear it up? (such as putting a hot towel on my face or letting steam hit my face)

If it opens pores, is that good? Do I need to close them?

• Best Answer

i dont think that steam is some sort of miracle worker, but it will help to open up pores and soften skin. :)

Definitely. I do it sometimes for about 10 minutes. The steam really opens your pores up and that will make it easier to clean them out. You won't see amazing results right away but it helps. Oh and when you are steaming your face you have to be careful its not too hot or you might burn yourself. and it might get a little harder to breathe. i tried it and thought it felt good! =]

Heat opens your pores, but you have to be careful so that you do not burn yourself. Steam is also good for loosening the mucus in your sinuses.

i think it dose and i have acne =( but i have this face wash that really works its called clearasil ultra and its a daily face warsh

Source(s): i have it and my acne is almost gone

my friend told me hot water is bad for your skin

but i dont know about steam

i think your right actually

definately, especially if you have acne. saunas always do my skin wonders!

i think steam opens your pores. it might make it easier to clean them? idk