- ANGELLv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
You can put an inch or more of apple cider vinegar (or fruity substance like orange juice or wine) & a squirt of dishwashing soap into a deep dish or jar, cover it with plastic wrap or lid, then poked some holes into it. It might have to be changed every couple of days.
If you like some action, you can also put 1/4 cup vinegar and a squirt of liquid dishwashing soap in a cup or jar and add water until the bubbles reach the top of the cup. Leave it on the counter and the flies are attracted to it and they get stuck in the bubbles.
Here's another fly trap you can use:
fill a quart jar with this mixture...
3 cups of water
¼ (one quarter) cup sugar
¼ (one quarter) cup white vinegar
Mix, punch holes in the lid, and set it where needed.
This method is used by folks who have to deal with safely keeping flys away every day. They have other fly remedies here:
A forum about homemade fly traps: click on the steps for illustrations:
You can also use a funnel over a jar that holds the fruity liquid:
Good luck!!! Hope this helps.
- Anonymous5 years ago
This Site Might Help You.
how to make homemade fly trap?Source(s): homemade fly trap: https://shortly.im/vjkhM
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
1. Get a liter empty pop plastic bottle or any other plastic bottle with a screw on lid of about that size.
2. Take a razor knife or other sharp edged implement, and 3" to 4" from top of bottle remove a 3' inch square. on both sides leaving a strip to hold top and rest together.
3. Put a cup hook into lid
4. Put a square of folded paper towel into bottom of bottle and add fly bait granules from feed store about 1/8 cup per bottle,
5. Place in barns over animals areas by hanging out of reach in rafters by the hook.
6. Check for refilling weekly.
* Flys will find bait they will eat and die. at end of fall take down and throw out and make new ones each spring!
* This Prevents KIds Cats and any other pet from getting to the poison!
* ALWAYS USE GLOVES when comming into contact with bait ! after all it is POISON!
THINGS YOU'LL NEED:
* 1. Empty 1 liter pop bottle (or any size you have)
* 2, razor knife or Similar
* 3. Large cup hook
* Fly bait granules/ bought at feed store
* 1/8th cup measure /I recommend coffee measure
- 6 years ago
we have a lot of neighborhood cats that we feed on a regular basis and i noticed that they are attracted to the dry cat food so i played around with a couple of ideas i have two traps for flies one is a 5 gallon water jug and one is quite smaller i took the dry cat food in one and i soaked some cat food in water until it left the water a pink colored hue and poured it in the smaller container the liquid one started drawing flies almost immediately so i set up both with the liquid BTW the dry cat food i used is kit and kaboodles works great
- reynwaterLv 71 decade ago
Cut the top off of a plastic soda bottle. (4" from the neck)
Half fill the bottom with water and 1/4 cup strawberry jelly (cheap stuff)
Invert the top and staple or tape onto the bottom. (neck down)
Catches all kinds of bugs, they go in, but can't get out.
- 4 years ago
put a female fly that's in heat and have her lay on her back and when the male flies come to mate get your video camera out and video it.then take the video to a professional fly killer and he will track the female and kill her eggs
- WarrenLv 61 decade ago
One way to scare flies off is to fill a baggie with water and suspend it near a picnic table. Yes, yes, this is not a trap, but it is quite effective.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Open your mouth and put a piece of cheese on your tongue.