What is a good age to tell kids that the easter bunny isn't real?

why tell them when they bring it up? man i was 4 and younger when i had my doubts!!!

o ya i dont actually have kids (im 15) but i thought this would be an interesting question.

Favorite Answer

why tell them? let them tell you and then you know that they know and are done with it.

• Akuma

Childhood beliefs in The Easter Bunny, Santa, etc. are very precious and once they're gone can never be replaced. Don't destroy this for them. Let them figure it out on their own, for the most part. If your kids come to you and tell you they doubt him and ask if he's real, explain that there is no bunny that comes and leaves gifts, but that he, Santa, etc. live on in the heart, because they're the spirits of giving and selfless love. Or something of the sort.

people are so rude!!

i have 3 girls and none of them know the truth yet (although my 8 year old is getting close to figuring it out).

I say let kids be kids-why spoil it?!! it actually kind of ruins it for parents too-i love seeing the looks on my kids' faces in the morning when they see that the easter bunny has left them goodies-it's too cute!! I wouldn't get that reaction anymore if they knew the truth and I know I'll miss it when it is not happening anymore.

Source(s): mommy of 3

I wouldnt tell them its real at all cause the last thing you want is your kids mad at you for lying to you. I held a grudge against my parents for years about lying to me about the easter bunny, santa, tooth fairy, etc. Just tell them the truth the first time they ask. Then tell them to just play along with there friends so they dont lose friends over the yes hes real no hes not arguement. Thats what I'm gonna do when I have kids.

As soon as they ask you whether or not the easter bunny is real. It is one thing to just go along with it, it's another thing to lie to your kids. If you lie to them about this they may not believe in things that you want them to believe in.

My Daughter is 7..she told me today that the EB is not real, it is a guy in a suit etc...and I said not to tell her younger brother..however, she wanted to get to bed real fast tonight, as I think she thinks if he is real, she still wants the goods...She also said she was going to sleep in the living room and wait it out...I say, let then find out on their own...

• dotty

I have been criticized many times on this subject. Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, tooth fairy and yes even the boggy man, all lies.

When the child suddenly finds out this has been all lies his parents have told him all these years, I wonder how much trust and respect has been instilled in this child. Not to mention the

disappointment.

wow are you people cynical or what? let the kids ave there delusions. its not hurting anybody it gives them something to look forward to, when their ready they'll ask you if the easter bunny or santa is really real. you don't need to tell them anything just let them enjoy there childhood.

Let them realise themselves. Don't spoil the magic out of Easter.

• Becca

i say wait until they bring it up. what's wrong with letting them enjoy the holiday while they can? i don't have any bad memories from finding out the easty bunny wasn't real. i just remember how much fun it was waking up to see that he had been there!

Just let them figure it out by themselves. I was in second grade when I was discussing whether or not Santa was real in school