Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

do long distance relationships ever work?

i went on a trip to atlanta and i met this boy named chris from pennsylvania. (he was on vacation too). we clicked instantly and we eventually went out...but we broke up 2 weeks later because it was difficult that we could never see each other or hang out. i miss him alot. and i hope i get to see him again!! all i want to know is, do long distance relationships ever work out?...and do u think that we will ever see each other again?

Favorite Answer

If the two people love each other enough, sure, nothing's impossible, but for it to work, the people have to care about each other a lot. I say go for it and try it out, who knows, it might work out. good luck

Hun...I went through that. A guy from London and I (I live in Los Angeles) were in a long distance relationship. We were both completely in love...we tried everything; calling each other everyday, chatting, visiting each other as much as possible...but in the end it was too difficult to face the fact that we weren't physically together. We both decided to simply break up and stay as friends... we've both also come to the conclusion that if it's meant to be we will try it again once he moves here in about 2 years from now.

My point is, that being in a long distance relationship isn't only about trust and love...it requires for you to be extremely strong to take in the idea that you won't be able to hold, hug, or kiss your significant other. Sometimes the pain is too much to take and it's not that you're quitting on the person...it's more that you're simply too tired of missing one another.

I wish you the best of luck hun! ^_^

its all up 2 u whether u see him again, but i know from experience that LD relationships rarely work out, the only way it will is if its a situation where one or both o u happen 2 go away 2 college but u both reside near each other, so u would see each other on vacations.... but in any situation other than that it probably wont work. unless u are well established adults and can work out ways 2 see each other.

any other questions u can ask me directly if u want, cuz i was in a situation similar 2 this, and it didnt end well

There are different circumstances when it can work out.

It can work when you are older; or if you have been in a long relationship and then get separated for some reason. It isn't for everyone and I know I couldn't do it. When I'm in a relationship I like to be with the person and do things with them, just talking on the phone now and then just doesn't cut it for me in a relationship. You seem young, you should just stay friends for now and see what happens down the road.

Yes, they work and often end in the most loving, longlasting relationships. I have been with my boyfriend, long distance, for 4+ years. We just recently bought a house and will be moving into it at the end of the year. Don't get me wrong, it hasn't been easy being apart. We see each other about once a month, but it will be worth it when we're finally together for good :)

• Sarah

Sometimes they do, but I don't think yours will. You met while on vacation, so you don't really have much of a foundation layed for this relationship. If you were together all through high school and really loved eachother then went to separate colleges, I believe it could work. The two of you hardly know eachother, so it will be easy for one or both of you to lose interest and easily (or even accidently) meet other people.

You guys will def. see each other again. But, i think that long distance relationships never work out. I've had my share of them also. they work for a couple of weeks then you get tired of not seeing each other ever and you get bored of talking to each other because there is nothing to talk about. so to answer your question they never work out. longest one i was in was about 4 weeks. sorry =/

well i mean you guys didnt really know each other or were around each other for a long time to develop that really strong bond! buuut you could see each other again if maybe you two work on building a strong friendship. im actually in a long distance relationship because we used to live in NC together but he had to move away but he comes and sees me and we have been together for lil over 2 years. so maybe its because we already had that strong bond developed:) but yes they do work honestly!

You don't know each other that well and it isn't as though you were in a relationship and one of you moved away. The odds of this working out are slim. Think of the reasons you liked this guy and find those traits in a guy closer to home.

from personal experience....long distance relationships have worked for me. I have had one with a wonderful guy who lives in London (I live in Texas). I am sure you will get to see him again....just have hope and if you too get into a relationship the key to make it work is a lot of communication.....