What is the best place to go camping, fishing, and hiking?

I want to go camping for spring break in early April and try to do some fishing there too. My friends and I will be in Delaware, and we want to take a road trip somewhere at least 10 hours away.

Preferable somewhere a bit warmer than Delaware and preferably somewhere where we can catch fish, camp, have a fire, and do all that fun camping stuff. If alcohol is permitted, that would be highly favorable!

We were thinking Smokey Mountains in TN, but we really don't care at all. Any advice would be appreciated, specific campsite advice would be MUCH appreciated!

Favorite Answer

Do the Blue Ridge Parkway, which starts in Virginia and ends in NC. Here is a website: http://www.blueridgeparkway.org/

You can do everything you mentioned on this trip - and the best thing is you can spend time in different places or at the same place - it's up to you.

It is one of the most incredible drives you will ever take. And the spring time is a fantastic time to enjoy the parkway. The other time is the fall when the colors are changing.

Check it out and have fun!

Source(s): Natural born travelin man!`

I'd head to the Great Smokey Mountains.

There are some nice rivers in South Carolina you might want to check out.