Top 10 Dirty players of all-time?

With all the talk of how Pronger and Simon should be kicked out of the NHL, I searched out to come up with a list of the dirtiest players of all-time. Neither Pronger, nor Simon made the cut. 1. Bobby Clarke. Hall of Famer was as dirty as they come. Win at all costs. Used fear as a weapon. He would do whatever... show more With all the talk of how Pronger and Simon should be kicked out of the NHL, I searched out to come up with a list of the dirtiest players of all-time. Neither Pronger, nor Simon made the cut.

1. Bobby Clarke. Hall of Famer was as dirty as they come. Win at all costs. Used fear as a weapon. He would do whatever it took to win and there was nothing you could do about it because he brought some "back up" to watch his back every game.
2. Ted Lindsay. Hall of Famer would use his gloves or his stick, didn't matter.
3. Ulf Samuelsson. Ended some careers. Was the dirtiest of his era.
4. Mark Messier. Just a mean S.O.B. Another Hall of Famer.
5. Dale Hunter. All around cheapshot artist.
6. Kenny "the Rat" Linseman. Dirty little snake.
7. Dave Schultz. Broad Street Bullies Bully. Wing nut.
8. Gordie Howe. One of the best players of all-time. Mr. Hockey? Mr.Elbows!! Another HOFer.
9. Wayne Cashman. Stickwork for the Big Bad Bruins.
10. Claude "The Fraud" Lemieux. Dirtbag.
Update: Honourable mentions to Bob Probert, Bryan Marchment, Darius Kaspiritis and anyone else I might have forgotten. LOL
Update 2: What would be your list?
Update 3: Notice how most of them were considered great leaders and the heart and souls of their teams. Crazy like foxes they were. Dirty WITH a purpose.....to WIN.
Update 4: NHL is going soft.
Update 5: Puckdat....Good calls on Shore AND really good call on the Rocket. They were big meanies. I am sure I am forgetting a few more as well.
Update 6: Terrible Ted Green?
Update 7: O'Reilly is a good one. Sutter too.
Update 8: Simon over Cashman? I'll take your word for it. When you look at Simon's last two incidents....I guess he deserves to make the cut.
Update 9: Tealtown...They don't come close to making the cut.
Update 10: Jacoby...Ciccarrelli was a dirty little bugger.
Update 11: Also, I thought about Stevens but when you look at it, most of his shots were deemed clean.......well, borderline dirty. He was nasty, don't put your head down to be sure but he doesn't make it.
Update 12: Lubers...yeah, Marchment should be on the list. Schultz is there because he would still pummell you even after you were down and out. That's dirty. LOL
Update 13: Lady Byngers need not apply.
Update 14: LITY...Funny too how many of these guys go onto having hockey careers after hockey. Hunter owns/coaches London, Clarke of course, Holmgren, the Sutters, isn't Samuelsson on a bench somewhere? Phx maybe? Messier will be a GM someday, Cashman coaches...........that's just off the top of my head.
Update 15: Tom....actually I thought I struggled with having Howe so far down the list. LOL They didn't call it a Gordie Howe hattrick for nothing. He was nasty IMO.
Update 16: Joe...yeah, Hextall AND Billy Smith would be my goalies.