Should i call animal control?

i was outside with my dad a few minutes ago and his neighbors have just gotten a new puppy. they put him outside in a cage and locked him in there. the puppy keeps whining and i don't think it has any food or water in there. they ignore it and one of the friend's of the family just recently came out side to... show more i was outside with my dad a few minutes ago and his neighbors have just gotten a new puppy. they put him outside in a cage and locked him in there. the puppy keeps whining and i don't think it has any food or water in there. they ignore it and one of the friend's of the family just recently came out side to talk with another friend and she yelled at the puppy to shut up. they are known for animal crulity. they have let 2 previous dogs die. they never fed them and they never took them inside when the weather got bad. should me and my dad call animal control so that way the puppy can be with a better family?
Update: everyone in my town has been being nice to the family cause a few months ago, their oldest son got hurt playing football and he almost couldn't walk for the rest of his life. they have been taking advantage of everyone's kindness and they think they don't need to have the cops or animal control called... show more everyone in my town has been being nice to the family cause a few months ago, their oldest son got hurt playing football and he almost couldn't walk for the rest of his life. they have been taking advantage of everyone's kindness and they think they don't need to have the cops or animal control called on them.