Ever noticed how horror films of the 60's and 70's seem to try to scare us away from motherhood?

Like Rosemary's Baby, The Omen, The Exorcist, and Village of the Damned. (maybe more, these are off the top of my head) Seems to me that any woman contemplating motherhood who viewed these films would think "Hell-to-the-naw!" (lol) Perhaps I'm just odd, but I think it's interesting that... show more Like Rosemary's Baby, The Omen, The Exorcist, and Village of the Damned. (maybe more, these are off the top of my head)

Seems to me that any woman contemplating motherhood who viewed these films would think "Hell-to-the-naw!" (lol)

Perhaps I'm just odd, but I think it's interesting that so many of these types of popular horror films were made during the time when women's rights and especially birth control were at the forefront of political discussion.

Dunno, trying to find a topic for a paper, thought I'd get some insight from others on this possible idea.....

Your thoughts?
Update: I understand that these films were adapted from eariler works, but still this question focuses on the observation that these films were specifically made during this time in history and more importantly attracted mass appeal.