Have you ever had this happen to your stomach before?

Just a couple minutes ago, I awoke, and was horribly hungry. My stomach growled. I felt gassy this morning ( sorry if I'm grossing anyone out). While deciding what to fix, I went to take a drink of something out of the fridge. I took one large sip, and then I screamed LOUD. Like, almost as loud as females scream when they see their fave celebs. I yelped for help, though there wasn't anyone around who could help. I decided to not have anymore fluids, and decided not to eat. I'm ok now, and don't feel noticeable pain. But man did it HURT when I swallowed Ensure and it landed in my stomach ( I don't drink it often, in case anyone wants to know).

Do you think this can wait until I call the doctor Monday, or do you think this requires I take action today? What are your thoughts?

Thanks ahead of time!

Best Answer

Is money a big issue right now? If you are ok on money then I would say go and get checked out. If however this is going to put your finances in a really bad place - then I would wait a little bit longer and try a sip or two of WATER and see how you feel.

If you can wait - then just sip some water and eventually try the ensure again - I've lived on ensure at times in my past and it is pretty easy to get down most of the time, but my doctor did say the high sugar content can cause gas problems with ensure.

BOTTOM LINE: wait and see, but if you feel worse and scared then get in to an ER and be seen. Finances/debts can be recovered from. You only have one life and must take care of yourself.

this is a hard one to answer, maybe you were having bad cramps at the time or really bad gas pains and it occured at the same time as when you took the sip of ensure. if it's not bothering you anymore then you are probably ok to wait, but if it happens again then you might not want to overlook it. i will say a prayer for you. try looking at a medical site like web MD or something, it might can help you figure it out in the mean time while you are waiting . God bless you.

I fell like I have been reading my life story. I am 1 month away from turning 15 and I finally got my period. It was totally different then I had expected and it didn't make me feel "like a woman" or mature like my friends. I missed it the next month. Mine was really late too and my boobs are wayyy bigger than any of my friend's boobs, so I understand how it can be so confusing. It could be that your underweight or don't have a lot of fat on you, because fat is what carries the hormones...do the math. I also had the discharge for years and I have had pains like that where I thought it was coming. When it does come, its usally a brown color and you most likely won't know what it is. ...and as for seeing a doctor...it's not really necessary until you're probably around 18. good luck!

Better check it out in case it's your appendix. I almost died from a ruptured appendix a couple of years ago and I can tell you it's best to get it taken care of early before it turns into Peritonitis like mine did.

Could also be a ulcer that has come to a critical point.

Good luck sweetie.

• ?

My husband is a paramedic; I just asked his opinion. He said he'd find a doctor now. It might be nothing big, or it could be something that needs immediate attention. And either way, you can dehydrate quickly. Take care of yourself!

If I knew why you screamed I would understand. Did it just hurt or did you have a bad cramp? You really should put more information in.

Hi Teenie

I'm at my dads on Manitoulin, Happy Easter

please get your little but to a walk in clinic & get it checked right away

jamie

I think as long as you are not having any more pain, you are probably able to wait until Monday. That has never happened to me.

• JOHN B

Check it out rainbow,it is probably nothing, but it is always safe to be sure. Let me know how you get on.

Take Care!

John.B

Wow, no I have never had that happen before. I would think it could wait till Monday, but you do what you feel is necessary.