Can an abused person ever accept Love?

I met this girl last year (I'm 32 she's 27) and we got on so well we could talk about many different things it was as she opened up to me she told me about her childhood how at the age of five years her father beat the hell out of her. The abuse she sustained from both her mother and father left her with... show more I met this girl last year (I'm 32 she's 27) and we got on so well we could talk about many different things it was as she opened up to me she told me about her childhood how at the age of five years her father beat the hell out of her.
The abuse she sustained from both her mother and father left her with broken bones and very close to death her mother all throughout her life has wished her dead and said "You're no good" it was at the hands of another family member (as a teenager) she was abused mentally/physically/emotionally and dare I say sexually.
She told me how she felt about me last year and went as far as actually proposing to me, I am a person of Love and whenever we spoke I told her how much I Loved her.

It was a few weeks later her family came back into her life and they (the family) forced me out of her life, I've done so much for her and I Love her to bits I just fear that her lifelong conditioning has now been engrained so that she could never accept Love.
Update: To add the other relative (who abused her) is a corrupt man and has links to the police which would explain why hes (to my knowledge) never been arrested.