I can not see the LIST OF WIRELESS bases(stations) in my laptop?

I used to go to wireless property and see a list of wireless stations available to my laptop,but I can not see it any more I can not even see my own Airport,someone said it is because of D-Link routers ,(which I do not have )but it did not work ,my neighbor has a Syslink router no password,most the time by default... show more I used to go to wireless property and see a list of wireless stations available to my laptop,but I can not see it any more I can not even see my own Airport,someone said it is because of D-Link routers ,(which I do not have )but it did not work ,my neighbor has a Syslink router no password,most the time by default my laptop picks it up maybe because it has stronger signal ,I do not want it, I also checked it out in microsoft site and none of their solution (from users) helped ..it is like this "
start wzc service(Wireless Zero Configuration)
micorosoft knowledge base Article ID 871122,"
Any one had the same problem? and have a solution Please Help me.