Everyone HATES me?

Well, we didn't have school today, so one of my friends (not really my friend, but some one who i kinda hang out with) had a party last night when her parents weren't home. There were at least 20 people there. About 9 o'clock, the person who was throwing the party brought out beer. I have long made a... show more Well, we didn't have school today, so one of my friends (not really my friend, but some one who i kinda hang out with) had a party last night when her parents weren't home. There were at least 20 people there. About 9 o'clock, the person who was throwing the party brought out beer. I have long made a promise to myself that I will never drink. So when they offered me some, and instead of pretending to drink it or dumping it out, I just said no and took a taxi home and told my mom not many people showed up and I was bored. NOW everyone at that was at the party completely ignores me and I've heard some of them have started stupid rumors.

Did I make the wrong choice by NOT drinking?

P.S.-I'm almost 15 and the people at the party were 14, 15, and 16.
Update: Wow! Thanks for all the answers...I'm starting to feel better about my decision already...