Everyone HATES me?

Well, we didn't have school today, so one of my friends (not really my friend, but some one who i kinda hang out with) had a party last night when her parents weren't home. There were at least 20 people there. About 9 o'clock, the person who was throwing the party brought out beer. I have long made a promise to myself that I will never drink. So when they offered me some, and instead of pretending to drink it or dumping it out, I just said no and took a taxi home and told my mom not many people showed up and I was bored. NOW everyone at that was at the party completely ignores me and I've heard some of them have started stupid rumors.

Did I make the wrong choice by NOT drinking?

P.S.-I'm almost 15 and the people at the party were 14, 15, and 16.

Wow! Thanks for all the answers...I'm starting to feel better about my decision already...

Favorite Answer

good choice those people r just stoopid

after u heer a rumor about that, just say ''well, after weve had our daily dose of STUPID''

I think you did good. You didn't want to drink and you made the right decision (not that I'm saying drinking is a bad thing). What I mean by that is you didn't go along with something that you didn't want to do. You resisted the peer pressure. All that stuff those other people are saying doesn't matter. They are INSECURE about themselves. They have to drink to be cool, that's why you are "supposedly" not cool by bailing. Those people probably have more problems in their own lives than you do so just be glad you're not them. It's not like you ratted them out to the police or anything. You also didn't rat them out to your mother. You did a really good job. You just have no idea how much I admire what you did.

Alcohol is just a liquid. Who cares about that stuff? I sure don't. I'm 22 years old and I don't drink (not that I don't like getting drunk). I just don't put any kind of value on it. They'll figure it out later in life. You are ahead of the game. Be proud of yourself. You're really going to be something some day. Don't let anyone tell you different.

• No you made the right choice. 14 is too young to be drinking. You made the right choice by saying "NO" and then leaving. Everyone may hate you now but in the near future people are going to want to be like you. One of these days one of those people will be drunk and driving when they aren't supposed to and they will be in an accident and then they will realize that you were the one that stood out and chose not to drink and be like them.

I'm like you. My friend wants me to drink at her bachelorette party and I already told her that I'm going to be the designated driver that night and she respects me for that too. Just get used to being the example.

I'm 15 almost 16 and my friend and her boyfriend will be getting married shortly after high school so that's why I told you that story. I'm still in high school.

You did the right thing! Don't drink if you don't want to! Did you leave because you were afraid the party was going to get busted or did you leave because you weren't drinking? If it's because you weren't drinking, next time...stay...you can have just as much fun at a party without drinking! There was a time in my 20s that I just decided I didn't want to drink any more and I had MORE fun going out and watching other people drink! It made me feel good that I was in control of myself and that I didn't have to drink to have a good time like the others! Keep your head up-and stick by your guns! If anyone says anything to you, just say you don't want to drink. Don't be ashamed of it at all!

FiRST of all that is a bad party you went to and you made the RIGHT choice to not go under pressure and just get away from it.

So if they are just ignoring you because of that then maybe those arent really your friends. and you should just ignore the stupid rumors and you should find friends that DONT drink or do drugs and are the good type. BUT still the fun type of people youd love to hang out with, not talkin bout the kids in the corner who dont do nothin and youll just end up bein bored with em haha.

unless youd love to give in and waste your healthy life ahead of you. im not in charge of you. so pick the right choice:]

you must be a smart teen:]

happy to help

-jelly

NO YOU DIDN'T make the wrong decision, you have goals and expect more out of yourself then to try to be badass and drink like everyone else. I think it was very mature of you to just tell them straight up that you were not drinkin! Don't worry about what they think, they aren't true friends if they can't respect your ways in life.. Think of it this way, you are almost 15 years old.. when you are 18 do you think any of this will matter? you will find friends that are true and wont end up in jail for underage drinking! You did an amazing job! i been there befoer when i was 15 ( now 21) and i drank instead of sayin no.. i should of stuck to my guns and not gave in to peer pressure! Don't worry your doing great.. Forget them losers ;)

Sweetie you made the RIGHT decision. I never drank at parties either. I was lucky because nobody really gave me a hard time about it.....(this was in the late 80s early 90s).

I had goals and dreams and plans.....I have accomplished them!!!

I did have an acquaintance who was raped after she drank too much....a few of the guys she was with thought they would take a turn. She never knew how many but she was violated in every disgusting way imaginable. Woke up in the hospital with vaginal and rectal tears. Doesn't sound like a good time to me.

Keep Smart!!!

Well first off, that's really good u turned it down that's responsible, DONT EVER DO NETHING YOU DONT WANNA DO!!!, Second, thats really dumb for them to call the cops if ur didnt tell on them or rat them out, no harm was done, and thrid you dont need them, you'll find friends that will respect ur for ur decision, you had a lot of guts to turn them all down like that when that can be really hard to do, AND you called a taxi to get u instead of a parent, i think what you did was really smart, n screw the people that disagree!

** i wish i would have done that, i almost messed up graduating high school cuz of being stupid when i was younger, now am i gettin ready to graduate, but im still behind, i dont have the math credits i need for good colleges, nor grade point average!

You made the right choice. Never let anyone push you around in the name of fear. What the hell is wrong with their parents letting 15 year old kids drink. Boy that tears it ! Bunch of punk kids dont know a thing about the realities of life, think life is just a party. Shame on them. They can go straight to the living hell !

Wow, that's a tough one. Making a decision about a situation as serious as alcohol consumption is always going to be hard. You basically need to look at it from two angles:

1) Is it more important to me to stay true to my decision to not drink and deal with the peer pressure, rumors, and annoying people who want to make fun of you?

2) Is it more important to me to minimize the number of reasons that someone would think I wasn't cool or could make fun of me for.

Both options will have tough consequences. Just know that if you continue to go to parties like that when you get older you're going to have to be confronted with this choice many, many more times. Good luck!

I know it's easy for me to say but don't worry about it. You made the right decision. If they're really your friends they'll get over it. If not. No big deal.

I too was young and had alcohol (and pot) pushed on me while at different parties. It eventually became accepted that I just wasn't going to drink or smoke and everyone was OK with it.

Source(s): I'm 45. Been there, done that.