What do i do with my 7 year old step-daughter?

i have a seven year old step daughter and im about at a loss with her. in the past few months she has eaten half a bar of soap, taken candy off the ground outside and put it in our carpet, stolen a number of items from the thrift store and school... thats just a few things she has done. the school she attends is... show more i have a seven year old step daughter and im about at a loss with her. in the past few months she has eaten half a bar of soap, taken candy off the ground outside and put it in our carpet, stolen a number of items from the thrift store and school... thats just a few things she has done. the school she attends is no help, whenever she does something negative they reward her and its making me sick. and we cant switch schools cuz its the only one in the district right now, and we cant move yet. ive been talking to our therapist and im wondering if she may have some mild mental retardation? her mother acts as if she is mildly retarded herself so i dont know. she hasnt seen or spoke to either of her kids since may of 2007. anyway my main question is what should i do with her other than counseling?? im getting sick of dealing with her and its causing difficulties between my husband and i. serious answers only would be appreciated. thank you!
16 answers 16