imputh
imputh asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

What is the best position to read a book in?

I often find myself changing positions when reading a book or asking myself what position I should be reading a book in. What are your suggestions? What works for you? Please tell both for reading for school and fun.

Favorite Answer

Stretched out on the leather couch. I sit at the computer working many hours a day and stretching out to read is a luxury for me. Pax-C

• baden

Best Reading Position

• LK

I don't see anything at all wrong with changing positions while you read a book.

You stay limber and more alert that way... In other words, you won't have your hand or foot 'go to sleep,' you won't get tired before you're finished reading, and you really WILL stay more alert.

Keep on the way you have been, without asking yourself any questions about what position you should be in to read a book. (Some question [!])

Just be sure the light is sufficient, that's all.

EDIT ADD: I always and frequently change positions when I read, either for work or fun. (<--To answer the rest of your question)...

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): position read book in: https://tr.im/c23iM

It depends. If I'm tired, then I have to be sitting on a chair, with the book on a table, or else I might fall asleep. I hate falling asleep when I'm trying to read.

But if I'm not tired, then I like to lay down. Anywhere is fine, but if it's on the floor it can't be cold, and the sun can't be hitting my face.

This applies for both fun and school books...I lay down or sit up for both. It all depends on how sleepy I am while I read.

I find that sitting down is the best position for when reading anything. I just make sure that my posture is with my back straight against the back of the chair. Otherwise my back would hurt. I think that we should be more concerned about the proper posture of any position. Or we'll possibly live the rest of our lives looking like the 'Hunch-back' or 'Orgo'.

• Meggy

Hmm... When I read at school, I'm slouched back in my desk, reading, haha.

When I'm reading for fun, I usually lay down on my bed with a bunch of pillows propping me up so I would fall asleep, or Iay on my stomach on my bed.

This was an interesting question! lol =P

I usually read sitting down, cross-legged, on a couch or in a chair. Sometimes I Iie down on my stomach, but I usually can't stay comfortable too long like that. (This is for pleasure and school, although I've been out of school for awhile.)

• s d

I LOVE to curl up in bed after a long day of work and read while the covers supply me with warmth.

Fat leather wing chair in a slightly too warm room - the reading room at my college library, fell asleep there plenty of times!