Ok so since the word "heathen" is insulting to pagans and people everywhere?

should I change my nick? ;)

(((((Pangel)))))

LOL It's actually NOT insulting to the Northen paths, but people are determing to tell me otherwise.Hehe

Best Answer

You're a meany.

• Joyce

Well this is a two part answer. Technically and according to the big three, anyone outside of the big three are pagan. Now you ask do THESE people consider themselves pagan, ie Hindu or Buddhist? Probably not. Hel, even a lot of Asatru won't refer to themselves as pagan (Whole different discussion) My point is that people's definition of pagan varies with who you are asking.

lol, I always call my Pagan friend a heathen in a teasing fashion, she doesn't seem to mind. I take what I put out there. If she wants to pick on me, go for it.

Nah, it's not insulting to me or you. You call yourself whatever you want to, who cares what anyone else says. Kinda weird, but I consider myself a Heathen Christian...think about that.

• Witchy

Ya just can't please everyone. I'm sure you won't lose any sleep over it. I don't.

I admire how the northern traditions have reclaimed the word "heathen". I think it's great. Those upset about it will get over over it. Or not. I try to be polite to others but I don't even pretend to be politically correct.

• Donna

I hardly find heathen an insult. Your name is fine.

well, the original meaning of the word heathen is someone who lives on the heaths and a heath is a moor, or grassy gnoll

Source(s): <------Pagan

I like heathen. Rhymes w/ sheathen.Ok that was just stupid. I would change your avatar to a full body image and change your nickname to Blamm!That'swhatI'mtalkingabout!

I can't understand why heathen would be insulting. If you like it KEEP it..I think it's cool.

The quail of doom likes the word heathen. and likes heathen savage even more.

Since when was heathen offensive?

My mom use to call me that when I was a kid...