Ok so since the word "heathen" is insulting to pagans and people everywhere?

should I change my nick? ;)

Update:

(((((Pangel)))))

Update 2:

LOL It's actually NOT insulting to the Northen paths, but people are determing to tell me otherwise.Hehe

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

You're a meany.

• Joyce
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Well this is a two part answer. Technically and according to the big three, anyone outside of the big three are pagan. Now you ask do THESE people consider themselves pagan, ie Hindu or Buddhist? Probably not. Hel, even a lot of Asatru won't refer to themselves as pagan (Whole different discussion) My point is that people's definition of pagan varies with who you are asking.

• 1 decade ago

lol, I always call my Pagan friend a heathen in a teasing fashion, she doesn't seem to mind. I take what I put out there. If she wants to pick on me, go for it.

• 1 decade ago

Nah, it's not insulting to me or you. You call yourself whatever you want to, who cares what anyone else says. Kinda weird, but I consider myself a Heathen Christian...think about that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Witchy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Ya just can't please everyone. I'm sure you won't lose any sleep over it. I don't.

I admire how the northern traditions have reclaimed the word "heathen". I think it's great. Those upset about it will get over over it. Or not. I try to be polite to others but I don't even pretend to be politically correct.

• Donna
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I hardly find heathen an insult. Your name is fine.

• 1 decade ago

well, the original meaning of the word heathen is someone who lives on the heaths and a heath is a moor, or grassy gnoll

Source(s): <------Pagan
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I like heathen. Rhymes w/ sheathen.Ok that was just stupid. I would change your avatar to a full body image and change your nickname to Blamm!That'swhatI'mtalkingabout!

• 1 decade ago

I can't understand why heathen would be insulting. If you like it KEEP it..I think it's cool.

• 1 decade ago

The quail of doom likes the word heathen. and likes heathen savage even more.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Since when was heathen offensive?

My mom use to call me that when I was a kid...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.