What are some ideas for parent wedding gifts?

My fiance and I need help coming up with unique wedding gifts for our parents. We have already found unique items for the bridal party, but are at a standstill when it comes to our parents! Help!

Favorite Answer

While it's a lovely sentiment, a wedding gift to your parents is not necessary.

The wedding, if they are paying, is THEIR gift to YOU. It's not an obligation, it's a gift. Seeing you and your new spouse enjoy yourselves is gift enough.

I would think that for most parents, a lovely wedding picture of yourself and your new spouse would be a welcome gift, especially something nicely framed.

I like the night out idea. Start with a good bottle of champagne, gift cards to their fav restaurants and theater, and ice cream place. They will need a little stress busting after the wedding, and these things they can use all on one night, or stretch it out.

Go find a special keepsake, go look at Things remembered at the mall, and see if there is something suitable that can be engraved.

A nice frame with their fav wedding picture is traditional, so is a photo albumn of your day. But do these things in addition to something personal for them.

Do a collage of things from the wedding, suitable for framing.

Go to the jewelers, and see what they have, a nice watch, engraved, for Dad, a piece of jewelry for Mom.

Do the parents have a fav weekend getaway spot? tell them to make plans, and pay for the room and give them money for food.

I bought my mom one of those circle diamond pendant necklaces from the Jewelry Exchange.

I bought my dad a 'night out' with my mom at a steak place..so they could get out and strengthen their marriage after the beginning of mine.

His parents were from far away, so we just bought their tickets to the area and a night in a very romantic nearby hotel.

We got the parents silver locket keychains with a baby picture of each of us inside. Very sweet. The mothers loved them.

A weekend trip to a romantic bed and breakfast not to far from home would be nice. Also set up dinner and maybe massages for them.

I could be snotty and say: er, um, a grandchild?

How about something they would use often - whatever that may be.

Or a framed photo of you two - superimposed over a ghosted out image of their own wedding photo.

Send them on a weekend trip or to a spa for his and her treatments.