Buy or sell?

Stopping downloading would be the musical equivalent of shutting down public libraries?

(give reasons for why you buy/sell, if you can be bothered)

Update:

Lulabell, you amde some reat points, but erm... I'm not really sure what Communism has to do with it!

Update 2:

Mechanical - does that mean that people should only be allowed to borrow reference books from the library - nothing to read just for the pleasure of it?

(I'm not saying I agree or disagree with you, I'm just playing devil's advocate)

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

^^^^^What does it have to do with Communism? I don't think she knows what Communism is...

Sell. Libraries are used for educational purposes. Downloading music is used for entertainment purposes. Plus, libraries are government funded.

RESPONSE: I actually don't think public libraries that aren't affiliated with schools should have fiction books. It's ok in schools because children should be encouraged to read, but adults should go out and purchase books that aren't providing any educational value.

EDIT: After expressing these views I should note that I am a hypocrite and I do download music and borrow fiction books from libraries. I think logically, not ethically.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Sell: When you get a book from the library, you have to give it back in a couple of weeks. With downloading there is no due date. Thats yours to keep.

• 4 years ago

easy buy u gotta buy or sell when their buying or selling then its a debate which is more fun

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I can understand buying music samples - but downloading full tracks for free is taking what someone produced with their time and talent and not giving them anything in return.

It is communist!

And authors of book in libraries get royalities - they get paid, just from the government and not the individuals.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i buy (and kinda sell at the same time)~ it seems like since the fast advancement of the internet ppl rely on being able to get music fast. i think it hurts alot of artists (xspecialy "underground" or artists that are not makin it real big) bcuz more ppl will download they music for free or nex to free then the artists gets no cut (they barely get anything as it is from sellin albums the reg way).... plus u cant really get an accuate account of how much your music would be sold bcuz theres no trackin device for downlads....

on a different note i think sometimes it helps.... artists who are not big ,underground,or have poor marketing/promo managers will some what benifit from ppl being able to download or listen to some of they songs on the internet... bcuz maybe that will promp ppl to go buy the cd (if they can only hear part of it on the internet) plus unsigned ppl can put them selves out there insted of having to tote demo tape every where in the hopes of being "discovered" i guess its bad and good at the same time depending on what artist it and and how u look at it......

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Actually I'm gonna sell. Being that downloading (for free) is illegal, that would make it more akin to stopping marijuana use.(Both of which will never happen)

I know I'm gonna get a lot of thumbs down for this, and that's only because you didn't think.

• Buy: I'd like to piggy-back off of Shauny.

• 1 decade ago

Buy: The idea

I see where you're going, you can test drive new music, and find old stuff that you can't find anywhere else.

• 1 decade ago

You don't deserve an answer, just thumb me down instead.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well then there would be no thieving and that is a staple of the black community!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.