Which greek island is the best to visit for beach and excellent sightseeing in june?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Mary
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Kefalonia! It's the best!

• 1 decade ago

Hello.i have been to many Greek Islands over the years and loved all of them,the Greeks are so friendly and helpful. we esp love Zante and Crete,been to Zante 3 times and going to Crete again this year for our 3rd time again,there is so much to do from any island you visit,from Crete go to the beautiful Island of Santorini,it has breathtaking views and visit Spinalonga where the lepers were sent to live,my husband loved walking the Samaria Gorge,so much more to do on this beautiful island.

From Zante visit Kefalonia it's lovely,go on the over night trip to Athens to see the wonderful sights,it costs between 96 to 108euro per person and well worth the money.Zante is beautiful,take trips up into the mountain villages.

There are so many beautiful islands to visit,hire a car is a great way to see the islands,go up into the villages and you will love them,wherever you choose to go i can assure you,you will have a great holiday,enjoy and good luck.

Source(s): love Greece and the Greek people,best holidays ever spent in this beautiful country,
  • 1 decade ago

All the Greek islands have something to offer. My favorite is Rhodes...It has something for everyone. Hire a car and drive around the coast it will only take a day. Go to Profitis Illias for the beautiful views, buildings and coffee, eat in the little villages in the hills. Dance the night away in Faliraki (Go to Thomas Bar and say hi to Yannis) Watch the sun set over the acropolis in Lindos, put a foot in the aegean and the other in the Med at prasonisi. Sunbathe in peace and party with the locals.

Source(s): Been to most Greek islands...
  • 1 decade ago

i have been to them all ( nearly) and the best for me was rhodes or kos town. if you love things to see these are great. pefki islands resort in pefkos is the cleanest and best accomadation for a base to explore from. (thomson gold medal ). and alice springs in kos town. and thats thomson too. so much history and sights like askepilion etc. first ever hospital. euro not to good at moment though and better in may or september as so hot at other times.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Kefalonia but shhhhhhhhhh or everyone will want to go and spoil it . it has fabulous beaches and is very unspoilt and fairly quiet.

other than that crete is good and so is cyprus ( yessss before someone says i know its not a greek island)

• 1 decade ago

Kos, Tingaki excellent beach,near to kos town, lots of walks

• 1 decade ago

rhodes, visit the old town for a whole day then return at night, fantastic !!you will love it, beaches on eastern side brilliant, im going again 7th june, hope to see you there

• 1 decade ago

have been to kos crete and zante my favourite is crete been there twice and am going back in september love it we always go in may do not not know about june but would think it will be the same they can not make u more welcome and weather brilliant hope u get booked xxxx

• 1 decade ago

Mykonos, Paros, Naxos, Santorini, Milos, Siphnos, or a combination of the above.

• 1 decade ago

skiathos.best beaches in the aegean and lots of other islands reachable by local boats at reasonable prices for day trips.i have been back there 4 tears in a row and still not seen everything

• Chlomo
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

North East Crete

Elounda :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.