EA asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

Contract signed in 2 states what state is the contract executed in?

Contract was signed in Pennsylvania by 1st party then mailed and signed in Wisconsin by second party. What state is this contract considered executed in? Contract does state, Any lawsuit over the terms of the contract shall be brought within the courts of Colorado or Wisconsin and governed by the laws of those states. This contract is for educational services. The education was conducted in PA

Favorite Answer

I would think PA, but that text book you got when the class started will probably be the best source for the answer to this question.

• lita

You can leave civilization. There are a number of uninhabited islands under no jurisdiction, from the very large (Antarctica) to the very small (in the south Pacific for example). There are also unadministered or lightly administered areas, for example, in the north of Alaska where there is no 911 service and where you don't pay taxes, in rural, fertile, beautiful Kyrgyzstan where nomads are allowed free roaming and again are not taxed (but get no healthcare and have no schools or any other services), and in the Bedouin desert areas of North Africa where again most people are nomadic but nobody is required to be. That sounds facetious, but I'm serious. I think it was Oliver Wendell Holmes who once said "I like paying taxes; they're the price I pay for civilization." You can live in places with no roads, no airplanes, no motorized transportation, no sewage, no electricity, no military protection, no emergency rescue, no schools, no subsidized agriculture, no federally-funded scientific research, no public healthcare, no policemen, no taxes, no government, and no laws. That's life without the social contract, and if that's what you're looking for, it does exist. Some people actively seek it out. So I guess you move to Kyrgyzstan or Nunavut.